Would YOU exchange this for a newly ordered one?

vivi1205

**My Snow Pup**
O.G.
Jul 6, 2007
Hi Gals,

I purchased the floor model of this ergo beet wallet because it was the last one in the store and they packaged it up so fast I couldn't fully examine it.
There is some browning on 2 corners, and some scratches on both sides (although the SA- when I called- said this kind of leather scratches easy because it's more of a vintage leather). I have the option to bring it back and they can order a new one for me, but I live an hour away from the store. Is it worth it?
Here are some pics:
DSCN2798.jpg

DSCN2800.jpg

DSCN2799.jpg

DSCN2801.jpg

for the scratches i would say no cuz when I looked at that wallet in the store I noticed the same thing and it does seem like it would scratch easily. For the corners though I probably would exchange it...

It depends. Will the scratches/corners drive you crazy? If so, return it and have them order you one. If you don't think you'll mind, go ahead and keep it.

It depends. Will the scratches/corners drive you crazy? If so, return it and have them order you one. If you don't think you'll mind, go ahead and keep it.

I agree, it's entirely dependent on whether you yourself can live with it. This reminds me of the recent thread about buying a floor model bag as a gift for someone or not...it's entirely an individual thing. For what it's worth, I'd probably keep the wallet, which is gorgeous btw, to save the time and gas $ :yes:

Thanks for your input girls. I pretty much had already decided to keep it, but the SA I spoke to on the phone was so nice...she said something to the effect of "well, if YOU want to be the one to put the scratches on instead of someone else, I can totally understand! Just bring the wallet in as soon as possible, and we can go ahead and order a brand new one for you." That makes it very tempting!
But, I think to save time & money & too much thought...I'll just keep it. It looks fine to everyone, right?!:hrmm:

Thanks for your input girls. I pretty much had already decided to keep it, but the SA I spoke to on the phone was so nice...she said something to the effect of "well, if YOU want to be the one to put the scratches on instead of someone else, I can totally understand! Just bring the wallet in as soon as possible, and we can go ahead and order a brand new one for you." That makes it very tempting!
But, I think to save time & money & too much thought...I'll just keep it. It looks fine to everyone, right?!:hrmm:

I think it looks absolutely beautiful...but...given your SAs attitude that would tempt me as well. Darn it, why can't these Coach decisions ever be easy?! :shrugs:

I'd call and order one from JAX.
Pay the S&H (cheaper than gas)
Then send the store one back.
Won't cost you any time and/or $$.

Good theory...but I used my PCE card for this one. The SA did say that it would be an exchange so I wouldn't lose my 25% discount on it. What to do...what to do...:shrugs:

I think it looks absolutely beautiful...but...given your SAs attitude that would tempt me as well. Darn it, why can't these Coach decisions ever be easy?! :shrugs:

Ohhhh...I know it! My friends think I'm insane for obsessing. Funny thing is that I was so proud that I had made the choice to keep it...therefore slowly stepping away from my OCD-ness. Then someone in tpf mentioned that the store can order a brand new one...so just to check it out, I called them...and they were so nice! :rolleyes: