Would you exchange a new orang Togo B for a black chèvre B?

Sterre

O.G.
Jan 12, 2009
Hi everyone, I need your opinions and advise.

I have a new orange Togo B 35 with ghw and it's just not really my colour. I find it really hard to make it work. Now I have the option to get my money back or exchange it with a lovely seller for her black B 35 chèvre with phw in mint/excellent condition.

Now, a black B has always been top of my list. I am on two wish list for a black Togo B ghw and expect this to come in 6 months or so (my SA said it would be soon, beginning of 2015).

So should I wait for the new black B Togo ghw and get my money back for the orange? Or get the black chèvre phw? What holds me back is: would I keep both blacks? And is it a fair exchange because the chèvre is not brand new? Does the chèvre B holds it's shape? Which leather will age better?

Or should I hold on to the orange because I might regret later?

I'm really torn and need your wise words!! 😊😊

Oops It's **orange in the title, don't know how to edit this?

I am a phw lover, especially with black birkin, and if anyone is asking me an exchange with chèvre leather, I will do the exchange in a heart beat. I heard that chevres don't come in 35cm anymore, so this might the late last batch of chèvre? is the chèvre colomandel with spine? if so, it would be my super HG.

Chevre is a much softer leather than togo. I personally am not a fan of this leather in a birkin or kelly.

It has a tendency to look "lumpy" meaning it will show indentations in the leather from whatever you put into your purse.

I would pass on the chevre and wait for the black birkin from your boutique

Thank you for your thoughts everyone!

I didn't know that chevre would soften over time, don't like the fact you (might) see dents or whatever you have in your bag... and i'm so so picky about scratches.

If a black Birkin is on the top of your list then wait on the Togo with gold hardware. Send the orange back. 2015 is right around the corner!! You will be a happy girl.

i personally would keep the orange 35 w/ gold. but if you're sure you don't like it, wait for the black togo 35 ghw from your boutique, or apply the money toward the same bag from a reseller.

I only have a chèvre Karo make up bag and it's soft and thin and you can see all the bumps of the content inside pushing against the leather when full. Not sure if H uses a thicker type of chèvre for bags. If you can't make the orange B work (and doesn't sound like your heart is in it), then return and get your money back. I personally wouldn't exchange a new bag for a pre-loved one unless it's something truly special and even that. You mentioned you'd like a GHW. If that's a must then wait for the right combination. 2015 is just around the corner. Don't rush into something especially at this price point and you'll keep for a long time. G'luck deciding.