Would you ever overpay for Chanel?

Apr 13, 2009
I am currently looking for a Chanel mini in red lambskin gold hardware. The current retail price for this bag is USD 2900.
I have found the bag I want on on of the reputable resellers web site. It's the red color I want in Like New condition. They priced it at USD 3500.
Is it crazy? I understand that it might be a bag that is hard to find - but do you feel it's reasonable to overprice it that much? Would you ever pay over the retail for a hard to find bag that you want?
Thank you!

No, I really wouldn't. The reason is that I know myself quite well and I get fixated on bags, but I am rarely satisfied with just that one when it arrives. You have to draw the line somewhere.
Having said that, if you have an unlimited budget, go for it but I object to paying over the RRP for a bag.

No, I really wouldn't. The reason is that I know myself quite well and I get fixated on bags, but I am rarely satisfied with just that one when it arrives. You have to draw the line somewhere.
Having said that, if you have an unlimited budget, go for it but I object to paying over the RRP for a bag.

Thank you! I am on the same page with you. I have to save up way too hard to afford the bags like that. But just curious what other's experience and thoughts are.

I am currently looking for a Chanel mini in red lambskin gold hardware. The current retail price for this bag is USD 2900.
I have found the bag I want on on of the reputable resellers web site. It's the red color I want in Like New condition. They priced it at USD 3500.
Is it crazy? I understand that it might be a bag that is hard to find - but do you feel it's reasonable to overprice it that much? Would you ever pay over the retail for a hard to find bag that you want?
Thank you!
I would never pay over retail for a bag....remember they always bring red back just have to have the patience of Job....which I do

I did unfortunately for my 12a but I lover her so much I am now ok (took me a while to be ok with it, I had lots of doubt about it and lost sleep over it).

Thank you!

Is it new with tags?

I think we already overpay. . . so no I would pay OVER sticker price as well.

I agree to a degree. None of these bags are worth the price they are sold...so just pick your budget poison. I don't see a problem paying more than what's in the store. Not to mention the fact that they don't even sell the same bags in every boutique/country.

If you're okay with it, then go and get your bag!

It's described as Like New. No tags attached.

Then no, I wouldn't pay that much especially for lambskin. I feel the tags attached gives added assurance it was not carried at all.

My bag came with everything, tags attached. She even sent me receipt, care card, dust cloth and tissue paper and ribbon. Ty for the complement on my bag.

I hunted for my HG 12A- just like my friend Dira's. I purchased 3 other red bags trying to settle. Well that didn't work at all. I sent them back. I was lucky to finally buy mine under retail with everything, from a retailer that I've used many times. Honestly I would have paid $600.00 more for it- I wanted it that much. So if this is the exact shade of red, hardware that you've been searching for, and paying out the extra money wouldn't put you in financial distress then I say go for it !! Be sure to have it authenticated.

I guess its just supply and demand right? I think this happens with Hermes as the wait to get one can be SO long. I can see myself paying over retail in certain situations, but it would be one of those "i won't, i won't, i wont, FINE I WILL!" type things