Would you ever overpay for Chanel?

Sigh...I didn't know how to answer this thread, but today I stumbled upon a 12A navy silver jumbo, one of my dream bags...it was used but in terrific condition. I was so tempted to not look and take out my credit card but just couldn't, as the store was trying to sell it as new and charging a price so high that we could never meet in negotiation. My husband agreed that it's a gorgeous bag but that it just wasn't worth their asking price. Long story short, no I will not overpay. At least not when I know better than what a preloved store is trying to sell.

No, I tell myself I will just find something else in the next collection at the boutique. The mark-ups have been crazy with the re-sellers and pre-loved markets, especially after since the recent Chanel price-increase.

At the end of the day, cost and worth are 2 very different concepts. The price tag does not always represent their worth to the owner; so each to their own.

Right now I say I wouldn't overpay...However, if I found my holy grail bag and it was in the condition that I wanted and it was the only one available then who knows. If you really want something and can afford it then I personally don't consider it to be overpaying (especially with the constant Chanel price increases!).

I would not overpay for a bag (not only Chanel, but in any brand). There is always a dream bag out there, and the feeling toward to a bag will fade one day. So using the money in a better place or investment is more realistic than buying a bag.