Would you ever dye your chanel a different color?

No!! I would not do it. I'm afraid that it would change the quality of the material of the bag. What happen if it will not turn out the way you want it to be (for example, red might have different hues and tones and so is the beige). I rather just buy the new bags.

Thanks so much for all the advice. I guess I'll have an excuse to wear my light colored bags more, so they can get to the point of purrfect's Gucci and I can dye them without worrying! I really do wish I could have them come out just like I want them, but you're right, it would be terrible if I sent in a perfectly good bad and got back a train wreck of texture and color...especially if the color wore off eventually.

Regina07- I think I'll still talk to LMB about the calfskin one since I might send it there to get the protective treatment. It's seen better days and the calfskin might be more predictable, but it's super soft and slouchy and I want to be sure that isn't sacrificed.

Thanks again! If I do dye one, I'll be sure it's one I never plan on reselling. From the opinions so far, I'd have to pay someone to take it!:P

echo, while I would never dye a bag a different color (I tried this on a pair of shoes and will never do it again) there are quite a few brave souls who've done it on the Balenciaga forum, though i believe they were done on the older bags which are goat and not lamb. You may want to post there though or do a search and ask how the dye jobs are holding up:smile:

awhile back i wanted to dye one of my beige chanel bags.. i contacted chanel to see what they recommended and they told me to absolutely NOT dye my bag.. they said that the leather would be affected and the color wouldn't come out even.. HTH

I really won't do it, especially in different color. Unless the bag is absolutely filthy & I can't use it, and re-dyeing is the only solution, then maybe, only because there's not much to lose.

I wouldn't do it, but I know some of the girls in the Bal forum have done this, with success (involving a professional, of course!). One girl did a fantastic dye job on her own at home, which turned out fantastic, but I'd be too scared to ever try it.