Would you ever buy a second identical handbag, because you loved the 1st one so much?

berta

mom2 12paws
O.G.
Oct 6, 2007
I just answered another posting and it came to me that I really want to purchase another exact handbag as I currently own, just in case something were to happen to her.

I just found another one, and they are not easy to find, and I am seriously considering buying it. My husband would not understand.

Have you ever done this, or would you ever consider doing this?

I have thought about doing this, but was just able to stop myself!! I think that by the time I needed to use the second one, I would probably be ready to move onto a new bag.

I have done it, but by the time I needed the replacement, my love had moved on (it was an older Coach). OTOH, I do currently have the same bag in 3 different colors. That decision seems to be working.

Littlerock80

It's my Brady Bunch :heart:. I just remember the first time I saw her I stood there staring. I had never seen a handbag as beautiful as this. This was my first "big" purchase. I thought my MK was it, then only to find out there was soo much more out there.

Attachments

• inventory 004.jpg
    inventory 004.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 73
Yes I would and I have. :yes:

I'm very fussy and TBH, I don't think much of a lot of the current batch of R-T-W bags (some of the best designers have moved on, prices have hit the roof while quality seems to have fallen through the floor and the remaining designers seem to be fast running out of new, good, ideas and many are just resorting to gimmicky-looking bags).

Much as I like new things, I would far rather buy a duplicate of a bag I already own and love, than have to resort to buying, another, similar, but inferior-looking bag that I don't like as much.

So far, I have bought more than one of my Chloe Tiger Hobo and three different Chloe clutch bags from the Phoebe Philo era (two of which are the same bag in different colours!). Three of the four I bought the duplicates of at the time, when the bags were instore; but the last one I found on eBay, recently. Unfortunately, the eBay-find was faulty, so I'll have to return it, but I'll keep an eye out for another one. :smile: