Would you even donate old Louboutins?

sara_g

O.G.
May 12, 2008
So this morning I was volunteering to help sort donated prom dresses for a group that puts on a free prom dress shop for high school girls who can't afford to buy them. There were also some donated shoes, and as I was sorthing them I found....a pair of Christian Louboutins! I think it's great that someone donated them to such a great cause, but would you ever do it? If I didn't sell mine I would wear them until they fell apart.

Hmmm... I would give mine away to a fellow TPF member if it were one of their UGH's and they were the perfect fit for them but not working out for me but in saying that only if they weren't worth much if I could sell them and get over $300 then I would but if not then yeah i'd be happy to make some special lady's day by gifting her with an UGH only cos I know what it's like to have a HG it sometimes is all you can think about. Would I donate to people I didn't know probably not I like to know who ends up with my shoe's and that they will be treated right. X

Gosh... that is tough. I have donated SOOOO many thousands of dollars of shoes but never a premier designer. I would say no, I would (and have) donate them to a friend though.

I think I have to echo canarybling on this one. I am happy to donate my shoes, clothes and time (and have many, many times) but I probably wouldn't donate a designer shoe or article of clothing. I would absolutely give them to a friend or someone on tpf that would die for them.

Only if they were really, really, really, really beat up--like the Simples I'm currently trying to resurrect.

I'm not sure yet if I'll donate them, but since the color sort of washes out my skin tone and they're not in pristine condition......

Hmmm... I would give mine away to a fellow TPF member if it were one of their UGH's and they were the perfect fit for them but not working out for me but in saying that only if they weren't worth much if I could sell them and get over $300 then I would but if not then yeah i'd be happy to make some special lady's day by gifting her with an UGH only cos I know what it's like to have a HG it sometimes is all you can think about. Would I donate to people I didn't know probably not I like to know who ends up with my shoe's and that they will be treated right. X

Too bad I don't wear your size! But I tend to agree. I only have two pairs and being a broke student I'm not in the position to be giving anything away, but I would probably do the same thing. Seeing those shoes in the bin made me feel torn between thinking how generous it was of someone to donate them and the fact that the girl who choose them probably wouldn't realize how lucky she was.

Why are shoes so addictive? One of the other women looked at me like I was a bit nuts as I pointed out the craziness of finding a pair of Louboutins in the pile. My mom, who was also volunteering, assured the woman I just had a shoe thing and would be back to normal in a minute.

Yes, I would donate my old CL's (seeing that I just started buying them I don't see me getting rid of a pair anytime soon) but yes I would donate my gently used CL's .

CL's are shoes and if the person doesn't know anything about designer, at least know where they go...on their feet!

As much as I'm beginning to love Loub's when I'm lead to give, I give...

Last edited:
I have been volunteering for Dress For Success and have seen several pairs that had been donated. I guess it depends on how long these donater's have been collecting and whether or not they just got tired of the shoes and do not know about eBay.

I, on the other hand, would rather donate my time and money.

Yes, I would donate my old CL's (seeing that I just started buying them I don't see me getting rid of a pair anytime soon) but yes I would donate my gently used CL's .

CL's are shoes and if the person doesn't know anything about designer, at least know where they go...on their feet!

As much as I'm beginning to love Loub's when I'm lead to give, I give...

I 2nd this. Yes, I would.

I do a lot of volunteer work, and I am also a believer of donating my time. But my college roommate on the other hand rather donate her unused stuff. She gets a better tax write off than reselling them.