Would you do this?

pyrexia

rosed.
O.G.
Sep 10, 2006
I have a buyer who's only willing to pay via Paypal (I had initially offered WU and/or bank transfer, but I understand her reluctance to use either) but she says she will need to pay from her mother's German paypal account, but I have to ship the bag to her in the US.

Will any of you do this? I've looked through and the buyer seems legit; she's had 300+ feedback and all of them positive, not one neg.

Red flags went up in my head though - with this ship to another address thing. Anyone encountered something similar before, and what did you do? :confused1:

no, i wouldnt do that. ive had buyers with pristine feedback still try to scam me. i guess though it also depends with the value of the auction. how much is the auction worth? more than 200 or less? if its less than 100, id do it. any more than that, i wouldnt risk it.

btw, i love e.e cummings!

no, i wouldnt do that. ive had buyers with pristine feedback still try to scam me. i guess though it also depends with the value of the auction. how much is the auction worth? more than 200 or less? if its less than 100, id do it. any more than that, i wouldnt risk it.

btw, i love e.e cummings!

The item is more than 1000, so I'm wary of this whole thing. If it was a much smaller amount, I'd just close both eyes and agree to it.

P.S. E.E. just has this way with words that makes me :love: Isn't he a genius!

The item is more than 1000, so I'm wary of this whole thing. If it was a much smaller amount, I'd just close both eyes and agree to it.

P.S. E.E. just has this way with words that makes me :love: Isn't he a genius!

oh man, over 1000? then definitely NO. if i think like an evil scammer, i could just as well send payment, have you ship it to the us address, and then file an item not received dispute. i would definitely win the dispute because the tracking number and shipping insurance you provide would be for the address in the us and not my german confirmed paypal address which is the address you shouldve sent it to. id think, "oh great! ive got my item basically for free AND my money back, whoo hoo". after that you would probably leave negative feedback which i could respond to and say that you sent it to the wrong address, not my fault. buyers/sellers who look at my feedback would see my response and think "oh that one negative feedback isn't so bad since it wasn't her fault"

plus, classic chic does have a great point.

i've written some of my best poetry inspired by e.e. -- it was just refreshing to see poetry in an unrestricted manner, you know? nothing like iambic pentameter, etc (not that theres anything wrong with that).

That word Germany worries me.
I have had a few bad experiences.

How does she usually pay for auctions? How can she say she will only pay by Paypal if she does not even have an account? Germany is not covered under seller protection...so please DON'T DO IT!!!

If she has a confimed German addy, You can ship it there and let she and her"Mom" work it out. Ship it with ALL of the bells and whistles. EMS, tagging, insurance, signature confirmation,take loads of pics with the security tag in place and in the box. Personally, I'd tell her thanks, but no thanks! Good luck

There is a paypal scam like this. look on the ebay community boards, where they offer to pay alot right away via paypal!! Hurry rush and send to me in some exoctic locale, no wait, in the US is better. I think they use stolen CC on paypal and get your item and then you have a chargeback from the CC owner.

Yes, it could be a hijack or something. Check her feedback and see if she has bought or sold recently.
Do you communicate only through Ebay messages?

Sorry, I was told that even though address can be confirmed, German accounts are unverified and not covered under seller protection. I was obviously misinformed.

If you have a good feedback then the buyer should not worry to pay via WU or bank transfer. There's a lot of scammers now days on PayPal and this surely sounds like one.