Would you do this to your vernis???

mbarbi

O.G.
Jun 8, 2006
hi girls...would you do this to your bag??? i have this baby blue vernis houston and i haven't been using it because of the discoloration :sad: i bought a baby blue colored bag and i want to use a blue bag not a yellowish greenish blue bag :sad:

remodel2.jpg

i saw that the part near the zipper has flaked off so i thought...what if i scrape all the plastic so i can reveal the real color of my bag??? hmmm....

remodel.jpg

so i did...

remodel3.jpg

remodel4.jpg

i'm not finished yet but i really liked the way it turned out....it's not as shiny but the leather underneath is soft and not really as matte as i thought it would be...

remodel5.jpg

Wow that turned out really nice! How did it get that greenish color in the first place anyways? I hope it will stay nice after you peeled it now but at least you will get some use out of it since it's blue again.

Your bag is looking great. You're brave to try this .. but i'm sure you're more happy now with the color.

hi girls...would you do this to your bag??? i have this baby blue vernis houston and i haven't been using it because of the discoloration :sad: i bought a baby blue colored bag and i want to use a blue bag not a yellowish greenish blue bag :sad:

remodel2.jpg

i saw that the part near the zipper has flaked off so i thought...what if i scrape all the plastic so i can reveal the real color of my bag??? hmmm....

remodel.jpg

so i did...

remodel3.jpg

remodel4.jpg

i'm not finished yet but i really liked the way it turned out....it's not as shiny but the leather underneath is soft and not really as matte as i thought it would be...

remodel5.jpg

thanks for the support girls! :smile:

i really don't know how it got that discolored...maybe because it's so hot and humid here...not sure...

but i am sure glad i made the move...maybe i can polish it or something after i've scraped off all the yellow plastic :smile:

i'm happy that i have a baby blue bag again ;)

I think it looks really cool!! It's nice light green color. As long as the leather doesn't get damaged, I don't think it will be a problem. It is your bag, but reinvented.:tup:

wow, I didnt know that you could do this. What have you been using to scrape it off ??. It does look better its normal baby blue and the part that you scraped off looks like new :nuts:

it really feels like i have a new bag :yes:

i've been using old cards (credit cards and discount cards) to scrape the plastic...it's really easy but you have to be gentle and patient so you won't scratch the leather. :sweatdrop: