would you do this for your dream bag?

lwatson13

Apr 24, 2007
Would you give up your collection of handbags, every single bag you own, in exchange for your dream bag?

I definitely wouldn't because even though I would love to have my dream bag (a Chanel), all of the bags I do have have a special place in my heart and I would not want to part with them...my rebecca minkoff morning after especially would have to be ripped out of my arms and I just don't think it is worth it.

So what about you guys?

Hmmmmmm....tough question. I feel the same way about my bags....each have sentimental value.

I have sold a couple of bags recently to pay for my "Balenciaga Black City GSH", but I would NEVER for example part with my LV Theda, or LV orange patent Lexington Fleur. Those will belong to my daughter someday.

BUT!

I find it a challenge restraining myself from buying other, less expensive bags while saving up for my dream bags. Sounds silly, but I'm extremely impatient by nature and so I have a difficult time telling myself "No" to bags I really "shouldn't" be splurging on.

Depends on the bag. If it were something that was a timeless style and I knew I'd be carrying it for years I think I would. Plus I would weigh it against the bags I already own. I sold all of my non-LV bags except for one in order to buy an LV dream bag. I don't regret it.

No. If I wanted the dream bag that badly, and didn't care enough for my current bags to keep them, I would not have bought them in the first place and would have been saving that money toward the dream.

No, I would not. My dream bag changes at any given moment. Right now I don't even have a dream bag! Well, maybe the Botkier Sasha Duffle but even after I found one at a decent price, I didn't go for it. Instead I purchased a 20 class card for yoga. :yes:

Probably not I mean in a way each bag I have gotten has been a sort of dream bag. I have to save for each one so I take time to figure out the next one I decide to purchase. Plus I buy with the intention of keep forever to I mostly buy classics.