Would you dare? Do you care?

mallenry

Aug 30, 2008
Hello, Ladies and Gentlemen!
I hope there isn't a thread like this already.

So many people carry LV, but do you actually know those people in real life?
Have you drooled over a purse so much that you still got it even though you know someone has it?
Jealousy may emerge.
Therefore, would you dare buying the same purse as your friend or family member, or you don't care?

List the people closest to you that has your purse!

1. Speedy Damier Azur 25- Aunt (except she has the 30)
2. Saleya Damier Azur MM- Sister In Law

I have the same bag as my friend as well, but only the classics.

1. Speedy Monogram 40/35

I would never not buy a classic bag just because a few of my friends has the same bag. The Speedy I think is an example of that. So many people all around the world have that bag and there will only be more. You will always see the Speedy on other people and it would be so sad if you refused to buy a bag you really love just because other people have it.

I wouldn't buy a rare bag if my closest friend had it though. I think it depends on which bag you are talking about.

luckily none of my friends or family have LV. a few coworkers do but they don't have ones i have. it doesn't matter to me. i like what i like--but if it did ( i would just toss it up to that time in high school where you and your best friend would where the same jeans or outfit to the dance.) it would be great and all eyes would be on you--two

Since most of my friends I have met here on TPF. They are all into purses. There are a lot of us that have the same bags. So far there has no one has carried the same purse to a meet. It has almost happened where I was going to carry a purse and then someone showed up carrying what I was almost going to carry. Oh wait, it has happened. At the last SCP meet there were at least 5 Birkins being carried.

My friend bought the Bleu Vernis Wilshire and after seeing hers that is my next bag. I think it is a compliment that I like her bag so much that I want the same one. She feels the same way. Another friend saw me carrying my WC speedy and after that she bought one.

LV bags are mass produced; I think it is weird that someone would be angered/bothered by seeing another one on the street.

My stepson's girlfriend and I both own speedy azur 25 and often carry it at the same time.

Reactions: BleuSaphir
None of my friends or family share my 'passion' (or addiction, whatever you want to call it) for bags so this has never come up before. However, I don't think it would be a problem really.

It only becomes a problem if somebody has to buy every single bag that you have (or if YOU have to get every bag that your friend gets) - that's going a bit too far really.

i don't know anyone who has any of the same lv as me. infact, i don't even know anyone who owns lv period... just that one jealous lady who owns the frozen yogurt place in town, she always sends weird jealous vibes my way. i refuse to go in her store when she is working (i drive by and check the windows first :smile:

None of my friends has LV bags (I'm lucky, aren't I?!) so I don't copy anybody!Honestly if a friend of mine had one of my HGs...well, I would get it anyway, I don't change my opinions and tastes to please people!:P

None of my friends or family share my 'passion' (or addiction, whatever you want to call it) for bags so this has never come up before. However, I don't think it would be a problem really.

It only becomes a problem if somebody has to buy every single bag that you have (or if YOU have to get every bag that your friend gets) - that's going a bit too far really.

ITA! I'm on the same boat. :tup: