NANO SPEEDY - Has anyone removed (cut off) their attached strap?

To cut or not to cut?

• Total voters

doongee

O.G.
Sep 15, 2007
Hey every one!

After a couple of weeks of stalking, I finally managed to get the Nano Speedy :yahoo:

And I bet you’ve heard a lot of people complain about the strap not being removable.
Welllllll.......
I’m one of those people as well and I have a vachetta strap from my croisette.
I’m seriously thinking about cutting the original strap and wearing it with the croisette’s strap.
I have a few photos for you guys to see.
The length difference is minimal.

Has anyone ever done this?
Should I do it and “customise” my nano speedy?

PS: also cutting the original strap would open up new options to combine it with a Pochette Metis strap or any other strap you have. The possibilities y’all!!!! :nuts:

Attachments

• D2FADA21-386F-4F85-BC5F-47F9655E4B51.jpeg
    D2FADA21-386F-4F85-BC5F-47F9655E4B51.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 1,153
  • EBFB1671-312D-4587-8AF5-18618CAD5847.jpeg
    EBFB1671-312D-4587-8AF5-18618CAD5847.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 1,163
Last edited:
Reactions: Roie55
I personally wouldn’t, since there is always a possibility that I’d sell pieces to fund future purchases and cutting the strap would affect the resale value. I don’t have any current plans to sell my nano speedy but who knows in a year or a few years.

If you don’t plan on reselling or don’t care about resale value then do whatever makes you happy. :smile:

If you want to cut the strap, then I'd say it'd be better if you just unpick the stitching on the strap that holds it to the bag instead (you can buy a cheap seam ripper from Walmart/Joanns for this purpose). That way at least the leather strap is still fully intact and you could always get someone to reattach it down the line (or you could reuse that strap and attach clips to the end).

But to differ from everyone else's answer, I'd probably remove the strap lol.

Hard decision :oh:
If it‘s a forever bag- do it!
If you potentially want to sell it because the mini bag trend might end and for now the strap length works for you.... don‘t!!

I highly second this

If you want to cut the strap, then I'd say it'd be better if you just unpick the stitching on the strap that holds it to the bag instead (you can buy a cheap seam ripper from Walmart/Joanns for this purpose). That way at least the leather strap is still fully intact and you could always get someone to reattach it down the line (or you could reuse that strap and attach clips to the end).

But to differ from everyone else's answer, I'd probably remove the strap lol.

Part of me thinks cutting the strap off could work, and the previous PF members bring up some good points. But, then I think I would *cry* just cutting into that perfect leather strap.:sad: I think it just changes the bag entirely and it won't ever be the same again.

Although it is annoying that they did not make the strap adjustable, I guess I'm a purist in that I like the original design to stay intact. I would most likely sell the bag and buy one that is more useful to me. Do you actually need the strap to be adjustable or just like the look of the clips?

Reactions: raylyn and Mariapia
NO. I would keep it as is and wait for the speedy BB to come out in the plain mono. It has a removable strap. (But no one knows when the plain mono will come out.)

Also the strap you are replacing it with isn't any longer, do you really plan to hand carry the bag without the strap? I just wouldn't permanently alter a bag in this way.