Would you convert?

We have an addition going into our rules about religious and political threads... but this one is ok seeing that it is more relationship oriented IMO :yes:

No, I would not. I hold very strong Christian beliefs in God and Jesus and could not just drop those or change them for someone else. If you love me, you love all of me, period, you don't ask me to change.

My husband is Jewish and we have never asked this of each other .

Why did this guy even date outside his religion if he wasn't "allowed" to marry someone from a different religion? Did he just think he would be able to pressure her into converting? I would feel like a total sell out converting to any religion that I didn't believe in.

Why did this guy even date outside his religion if he wasn't "allowed" to marry someone from a different religion?

I have to admit, the same question occurred to me. I think it is that so many of us are prone to a sort of solipcism in this regard, and don't really consider that the other fellow's feelings about their culture, their religion, family, clan, tribe, etc, are just as real and strong as our own, in the case of those of us who have them.

We have probably all known women who got involved with men from different cultures and were just amazed and horrified to discover that their new boyfriends had no intention of completely abandoning their own "ways," from diet to clothing to religion! :biggrin: