Would you check to see where your Galliera PM was made??

windy

O.G.
Sep 30, 2006
If you live in the U.S., is it likely you will only get a LV Galliera Bag that was Made in the U.S. or would it be possible to get a bag that was Made in France. This will be my first LV purchase and I have it in my mind that I really want the bag to be Made in France. Is that crazy?? Is there any quality difference between the two countries? Thanks for the input!

It's not uncommon to check, I catch myself looking at all of my bags.

I have noticed in my own personal experience no difference in quality between any of the countries LV is made. There are collectors out there, however, that want a full collection of France pieces.

I think there is a chance you can get a made in France one but it's slim most of the US sold one's seem to be US made.
LV will have quality control standards that should be the same from country to country a lot of people prefer the French one's but it's more of a personal choice than a quality issue

I have the Galliera PM I live in the US and mine is made in France. The heat stamp is on the tab with magnetic clasp. It could the fact I got it when it first came out and probably the first batch my local LV received. Quality wise it shouldn't matter LV is a LV no matter where it is made.

Usually when bags are first launched, they are made in France. Unfortunately I got a US one since it was a couple weeks after the launch that I got mine. But no biggie, still looks the same.

I just want to share my excitement. I just found a Galliera PM bag which was Made in France from the first shipment of bags!:woohoo: I found it by calling a couple of LV boutiques. The SA was very nice and searched through all her stock. She said they were all U.S. made except one they still had in the stockroom. She said it must have been left over from the original shipment. Anyway, it will be coming soon. This is my first LV. Thank you for all your input. I am so happy!

^^wow, I'm really suprised she bothered to look! Most SA's won't!! Congrats!

Thanks Spacytracy! I'm really excited!! I guess persistance paid off because the LV rep. at the customer service number said they were all sold out in the U.S. I told her I thought there was still stock in the U.S beacuse I had called earlier and a really nice rep. said there was still stock left. She said what was left was only for waiting list customers. I said, "Will you please give me some boutique names that still have stock?" She reluctantly agreed, but the two I called had a good supply of Galliera PM bags. I felt fortunate and am glad I persisted. Persistance pays off, accompanied with nice SA's in the LV Boutiques.:smile:

I just recently purchased mine from Eluxury and it was made in France! Do you think I should worry about it being that its been so long since the launch and I got one made in France? I think its beautiful and doesn't seem to be used in anyway!! I guess that is just dumb luck!!!!

THIS WAS MY 100TH POST!!!! I AM ADDICTED TO THE PURSE FORUM!!!!

I hope I have not offended anyone by asking for a LV that was Made in France. This is my first LV item and I just wanted it to be a little unique for someone who lives in the U.S. Again, it was not my intent to be offensive.

I honestly don't think it matters at all. Everything I have bought in the USA says USA and what I have bought in France and in Italy says Made in France. So unless you are buying a first batch in the US or like a limited edition like a WC Speedy, it will probably say Made in the USA

The quality is the same. I love all of my "children" no matter where they came from, lol