Would you carry these bags only when wearing certain colors??

luralee

Changes mind always!
O.G.
Aug 25, 2007
I have to say the pic of the second one does not do it justice.

I wear a lot of black, especially in fall/winter. So would you carry these bags only when wearing certain colors?

Opinions please?

Attachments

• Chelsea tweed boucle hobo.JPG
    Chelsea tweed boucle hobo.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 157
  • Coach Soho Metallic Gunmetal-Pewter Satchel-2.JPG
    Coach Soho Metallic Gunmetal-Pewter Satchel-2.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 148
I like them both- great winter bags! The first one I would wear with just about any color but probably not patterned or multi-colored outfits. I would want the bag to stand out against more solid colors to have a nice contrast. The second one I can alse see wearing with any colors. It would look great with reds/oranges/bright colors.

I think for the first one, I would only carry it if I was wearing certain colors, such as some of the colors in the bag and neutrals. For the second one, I think it could go with much more! HTH!

I'd say I'd only wear solid print colors with the first bag, no prints, I think it would be way too much. As with the second one I would think anything goes, except if you were planning on wearing something metallic. I prefer one peice of metallic per outfit, JMO!

I think they're both pretty neutral. Maybe not with a brown outfit/brown shoes but if you wear a lot of black/grays/cooler colors, I think these bags are fine.

Another question...........would you only carry the metallic satchel in the evening going out?
I don't really think it looks that dressy with the dark brown leather on it. I don't have any other metallics, so not sure.

I have to say the pic of the second one does not do it justice.

I wear a lot of black, especially in fall/winter. So would you carry these bags only when wearing certain colors?

Opinions please?

I think the metallic could go with anything, but would be more of your "fun" bag rather than your day to day work bag. If I remember correctly you work in the IT field(?) so it might be a little to exciting for the corporate world:rolleyes:
The first one would be great with solids with some gold jewelry as accessories.

I like them both- great winter bags! The first one I would wear with just about any color but probably not patterned or multi-colored outfits. I would want the bag to stand out against more solid colors to have a nice contrast. The second one I can alse see wearing with any colors. It would look great with reds/oranges/bright colors.

yeah, that! absolutely!

Both are really neutral colors and the metallic is easy to wear with all patterns/textures; however, if you love tweed clothing and are carrying that tweed bag while wearing another tweed make sure that they don't clash horribly. True story here - so, I'm in LA for meetings and I get a call about a fab job opportunity so I schedule time for that - I then realize that the only jacket I have with me is tweed and the only handbag (other than my laptop bag which I'd been using for meetings, but don't want to haul into an interview) is also tweed and not one that will go well with my jacket which I need to wear for this interview with this CEO (a Kate Spade one) - so, I end up stopping at a Nordstrom Rack on the way to the interview and buying a new black bag -guess, that's one way to really justify shopping;)

I think they are both great winter bags and could be worn with a variety of colors/styles as long as they are solids. Both bags make a statement and you really don't want to detract from that. And not to get too off topic but I've also gone shopping when I needed to wear something for an event at the office that came up and it wasn't *cough* possible to go home. Wonder if guys ever do this? I can't imagine, lol :nogood:

...I end up stopping at a Nordstrom Rack on the way to the interview and buying a new black bag -guess, that's one way to really justify shopping;)

I don't have a tweed bag...but if I do, I would wear it with solid colors only...
The metallic pretty much go with everything IMO...I wear mine with blacks also. And for your other question, I don't think the metallic satchel is for evening going out only...you can use it during the daytime also.

Thanks MrsLinas. I was thinking of carrying the metallic satchel whenever, but someone mentioned that it was a good evening-type bag and then I wondered. I don't think it is dressy at all considering the style and the trim. I can't wait to carry it, but probably going to wait a couple of weeks yet.