would you carry a quilted leather bag in the summer AND do you like this bag?

hiyall

Jan 29, 2009
would you carry a quilted bag in the summer AND do you like this bag? I'm looking at this handbag, and the s/a assures me she'd carry it in the summer, and that's it's fine for the summer--but I'm just wondering if you'd carry this bag in the summer or if it's a winter bag. It's Burberry, very light weight lambs leather.

Burberry Quilted Bag
http://www.shijitianlong.com/?p=216

I do not see why not? Nothing about it is not for summer, only shearline and any furry bags are for winter only IMO. It is a gorgeous bag and I would get it too but it is a bit out of my price range at the moment.

I got this bag today in the Tobacco color.. I love it! :yahoo: I absolutely love it because its soft supple, smooshie leather, the scent is TDF! its big, super roomy inside, and yet not heavy.. the strap also stays on your shoulder! I feel great about getting this bag, though I now feel the need to look for a wallet that matches the dark interior. All of my wallets are LV.
I've added some pics!!and I would use it in any season.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56170691@N08/5295999148/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56170691@N08/5295419163/in/photostream/

I got this bag today in the Tobacco color.. I love it! :yahoo: I absolutely love it because its soft supple, smooshie leather, the scent is TDF! its big, super roomy inside, and yet not heavy.. the strap also stays on your shoulder! I feel great about getting this bag, though I now feel the need to look for a wallet that matches the dark interior. All of my wallets are LV.
I've added some pics!!and I would use it in any season.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56170691@N08/5295999148/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56170691@N08/5295419163/in/photostream/

Wow, that tobacco color is gorgeous! Isn't it the softest and just plain SHARP!

I saw the tobacco one the day I purchased mine, but fell in love with the Tan colored one (and thinking about summer use :o) and I love how roomy and practical it is...and again, your Tobacco color is just gorgeous! I got this one for a song at Burberrys and another one, a buffalo leather one--but sadly, I'm going to take them BOTH back tomorrow, because I read a thread here saying many Burberry Bags were made in China. I checked the label on this one (the one like your tobacco--but mine is Tan), and it said made in Turkey:faint: and the other REALLY super sharp one (buffalo skin in a color called Bronze Amber) said House of Burberry London House and the address...but then said on the next line, Burberry Brazil:huh::thinking::shucks:

So, although I love these bags and especially the Tan one like yours (even though the more I look at your tobacco one, the sharper it looks :smile:, I'm taking them BOTH back, because for the money, I just don't want a bag made in Turkey or Brazil--sounds weird, but I'm taking them both back..."probably" LOL!

Also, they have the boots and ballerina flats with the matching belt & buckle and strap to match! You have to search for them though--they had them in the Tan color anyway.

Last edited:
Wow, that tobacco color is gorgeous! Isn't it the softest and just plain SHARP!

I saw the tobacco one the day I purchased mine, but fell in love with the Tan colored one (and thinking about summer use :o) and I love how roomy and practical it is...and again, your Tobacco color is just gorgeous! I got this one for a song at Burberrys and another one, a buffalo leather one--but sadly, I'm going to take them BOTH back tomorrow, because I read a thread here saying many Burberry Bags were made in China. I checked the label on this one (the one like your tobacco--but mine is Tan), and it said made in Turkey:faint: and the other REALLY super sharp one (buffalo skin in a color called Bronze Amber) said House of Burberry London House and the address...but then said on the next line, Burberry Brazil:huh::thinking::shucks:

So, although I love these bags and especially the Tan one like yours (even though the more I look at your tobacco one, the sharper it looks :smile:, I'm taking them BOTH back, because for the money, I just don't want a bag made in Turkey or Brazil--sounds weird, but I'm taking them both back..."probably" LOL!

Also, they have the boots and ballerina flats with the matching belt & buckle and strap to match! You have to search for them though--they had them in the Tan color anyway.

I love the tan color as well, its beautiful!! I would keep it!! I saw the same thread on the "made in china" I do really believe that if your bag is legitimately authentic Burberry, and its made well, and has no issues, like my bag is beautiful!!:yahoo: it shouldnt matter. I wouldnt return it, I certainly wouldnt return it because of how a few people feel about what the tag reads, and how it automatically makes it of lesser quality, its Authentic Burberry, and my bag for instance is gorgeous! We all own things that are made in china, so I am shrugging all that off.. it seems negative to me, and when I'm so pleased, I wont let it phase me. Although its the same thing in the LV forum, most people are after the 'made in France', all of my bags and luggage are made in France and I have one coin purse made in Spain, and its literally a jewel. So I think its ok:okay: Though if you're unhappy with it return it, and get what you love! Or love what you have and rock that bag!

I would use this in the summer. I was looking at this bag today. I didn't get it because I am new to Burberry and the SA told me that a lambskin bag was not a good idea to get for an everyday bag and with kids so I stopped looking at this one and other leather one that was lambskin and was looking at nylon and now trying to find some information on it.

Funny thing is now that I got home and started looking.. they have a bag in this exact style listed as a diaper bag... which would make me think it is fine for kids.
http://us.burberry.com/product/inde...&cp=2119968.4448405.4448441&parentPage=family

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...der_id=282574492714089&bmUID=iR5s_pL&ev19=1:1

Hi. Is yours double handle. I just saw today at Burberry store with double handle and single handle. I like the double handle more but seems very long in width. Can you shorten it. It's on sale so I am very tempted. Any views will help. Thanks

I just bought the double handle in the tan color last week..I'm only 5'3" and was afraid it would be too big but I absolutely love it and actually think the size is fine now.

I just bought the double handle in the tan color last week..I'm only 5'3" and was afraid it would be too big but I absolutely love it and actually think the size is fine now.

Hi Flutterby, I am 5'3.5" and I really liked the colour. It's very long in width and short in height but looks adorable and very light. I have it on hold till tomorrow. How much did you pay, it's $599 over where I saw. I just purchased 2 chanel bags in dec, so have to sneak this in without telling my dh. Enjoy your bag. Please post some pictures.