Would You Carry A 40 Birkin, Or Do You Think It's Much Too Large?

I couldn't and wouldn't - too big and way too heavy, and I've never been a big bag person. The 30 cm is perfect for me and
holds everything I need. I think it's a very individual matter - it's what you're comfortable with. Oh - also, I have chronic
tendinitis in my right shoulder, so no way!:nogood::P

I love my 40cm. I am only 5'4" but I am a large woman, (unfortunately width not height) :shame: so the 40 looks more in proportion with my body! LOL! :greengrin: It does get noticed, (most people don't know it's a birkin and that is fine by me), and I love that everybody I know that sees me with it asks me if I have lost weight. :graucho: I have finally figured it out, a bigger bag makes my hips look smaller! ;)

I love my 40cm. I am only 5'4" but I am a large woman, (unfortunately width not height) :shame: so the 40 looks more in proportion with my body! LOL! :greengrin: It does get noticed, (most people don't know it's a birkin and that is fine by me), and I love that everybody I know that sees me with it asks me if I have lost weight. :graucho: I have finally figured it out, a bigger bag makes my hips look smaller! ;)
Running out RIGHT NOW to find the biggest Birkin out there! I need no further convincing!

LOL ouija board! :lolots:

Really though it's true. A friend I hadn't seen in a few months was just going on about how I look like I have lost weight. I had not lost an ounce! It has happened to me 3 times from 3 different people in the almost 5 months I have had my 40cm. Now if I could just bring back big '80's hair I would look even "slimmer"! :P

4 months ago I bumped into the 40 Togo blue jean birkin..and bought it..but having used it a bit..I found it a bit heavy with all mine and toddler stuff..I am 5"3"...
today..I just picked up an orange 30 togo...I think I have two perfect bags for what I need

but..yes..it can get a bit heavy

Thank you for the warm welcome. I have been using my 40 now for about a week and I am now loving it.
^Welcome to the 40 club!!! I think going from a shoulder bag to a 40cm may prove to be a challenge initially. I went from carrying my 35's to a 40 and didn't feel too much difference as I used to load up my 35 to the top anyway. I love the look of a 40 and it is certainly a statement bag but I would hightly recommend any pfrmer to try before you buy...

A while back on the H and joie de vivre ~ MaiTai in Provence thread somebody was wondering how much wine could fit in a 40cm - I answered with this :nuts::graucho:

Attachments

• tmpphp1z0C7U.jpg
    tmpphp1z0C7U.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 298