Would You Buy....

I would if a) you have complete faith in the seller, and 2) the tirette is in a skin that could be replaced at Hermes. If the bag is totally rare, I'd overlook the missing tirette though. I usually have mine on my bags so it's something that I would want, but I'd forgo it if it were a bag I knew was rare and/or at a great price.

^yep, what O said!

Yep, I concur with pretty much everyone else.
Also, you can order a new clochette/tirette/lock/key set if you really wish. The whole shebang is approx. $300 I believe, but it will take a WHILE to come in most of the time, and of course if the bag is an unusual leather it will take much longer (and might not match if the bag is vintage).

I would buy it too, especially if it were one of dream bags and the price was right. 300.00 to replace those things seems pretty reasonable too, should you ever find the need to do so and bonus that you have history with the seller. very exciting, good luck with your decision.

If it was that lovely lizard one, ( sigh) I nearly hit the buy it now, but exotics are hard to get the extra dangly bits for, it was gorgeous.

Go for it if its a normal leather I say,

I trust the seller, I have bought a couple of things from them.
Condition is that its nearly perfect with no cracking, or leaching of leather, I guess when I buy my next H bag I'll have to remember to get GH to match.
DH has suggested I get a masterlock for it, he thinks it might look avante garde.
My reaction was ::wtf::lol:

:upsidedown::lol: Sounds like something my dad would have said.