Would you buy this preloved Murakami Pochette?

May 4, 2015
Hi,
I'd be happy if you could give me some advice. I could buy this Pochette for 240 Euros. I'm sure it's authentic, but there are a lot of water stains on the vachetta and I'm not sure if I could get them off or even make them look better. However, the pochette is so pretty... Would you buy it for this price?

148975_0.jpg

Hi,
I'd be happy if you could give me some advice. I could buy this Pochette for 240 Euros. I'm sure it's authentic, but there are a lot of water stains on the vachetta and I'm not sure if I could get them off or even make them look better. However, the pochette is so pretty... Would you buy it for this price?

View attachment 3943180
I suspect you could pick it up cheaper looking at the condition. But the question is whether or not you will carry it, will it suit your wardrobe/style and then the question is, is it worth it to you? You could clean the vachetta with a little time and effort so that wouldn't worry me particularly. The Cherry Blossom design is from 2003 so it's 15 years old (also came in pink and red) and they used to sell (when they first came out) for x2 and x3 retail; some of the pieces were really difficult to get hold of.

I just got mine a month ago and I love it. I’ve been in love with it long before I even considered buying Louis Vuitton. If you think you can clean the water spots a little, the price is great. They don’t become available very often so if you decided to pass, you’d have to be perisistent until another one came your way. Or you could just wear it as is and simply enjoy it.

Reactions: Pitsrule
Because of it’s limited availability, I’d say go for it if it’s your style. I had one of these and I regret letting it go because they’re only getting harder to find in good condition with a good price. The flower placement on this one is great, imo

This is just my opinion - I would not buy it because of the visible damage. It would bother me too much. I’ve purchased many pre-owned bags in the past but there are definitely a few breakers: odors, dirty interior and exterior marks that I feel must be repaired. If I have to fix it, I don’t buy it. Be patient, you’ll find another in better condition.

Reactions: JadaStormy
Have you been keeping tabs on resale prices for this, so that you'd know if it was a good deal or not? That's something to look into: check completed sales. If it's an okay price, then you'd have to accept the vachetta condition as is--it's not going to improve. Only you know if that's possible.

I think it's a really special piece.