Would you buy this preloved Azur Galliera?

I would never ever buy anything on CL - especially not a Louis. If it were me, personally, I would go to the boutique and buy one brand new. To me, the piece of mind is worth the price difference.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/clo/1667963818.html

Hope its okay to post the link. The patina looks medium colored and there are scratches on the plate which I hear is normal. Does LV replace the brass plates?

I know this isn't posted in the Authenticate This thread, and I'm not sure you're asking about authenticity, but I wouldn't buy based on these pictures. You can't see enough detail to determine authenticity from them.

IF the bag is authentic and the condition is very good (I really don't mind the patinaed but check for tarnish/chipping on zippers & buckles) then I would try to ask for a little less.

Ask for more pictures and have the bag authenticated here first.

IF you do decide to get it, make sure that you meet in a safe public place & bring pictures for comparison and a friend for safety.

Personally I have no problem buying from CL or through private sales as long as you are 100% sure that the bag is authentic.

GL

Think how much you'll be saving $400-500 ? Is it worth paying $800? Am thinking with addt'l $400 you can have it brand new, no scratch to worry and you know its authentic and plus the fact that you are the 1st owner... the experience of buying your bag in LV store is something to cherish.

She states that she's willing to meet at LV, so not concerned with authenticity.

Still ask for more detailed pictures and get it authenticated here first. THEN meet her at the LV store and ask the SA how much to replace the brass plate. LV will only repair their own products. So if it is a fake then they will deline.