Would you buy this mink??

Feb 15, 2009
I have the opportunity to get this mink coat, but since I have no experience with furs I would really appreciate your opinions... Would you buy it and how much would you pay for it? :smile:
Thank you!!!

Here are some pics:

Attachments

• visone4.JPG
    visone4.JPG
    762.5 KB · Views: 423
  • visone5.JPG
    visone5.JPG
    733.7 KB · Views: 418
  • visone6.JPG
    visone6.JPG
    701.1 KB · Views: 405
  • visone7.JPG
    visone7.JPG
    774.1 KB · Views: 397
Looks nice. I know next to nothing about furs, but if I had the opportunity to get it, I probably would. I am super short and I don't know that I could carry off a full length fur like that, but if it's vintage or from someone in the family, and the price was right so I could have it re-worked maybe, I would take it.
Hopefully fur mavens will check in and give you some advice.
I love the dark furs like that.

Can you tell us a little more info about the coat? is it pre owned? any damage? without knowing the price i cannot say if it is a good "deal" or not but perhaps you could compare it to similar mink coats online..

Personally, I'm not in favor of the texture, lining and color of Mink Coat. Price-wise, if it's preowned, good condition and reasonably priced, provided you like it, no harm in buying.

butterfly 86 said:
I have the opportunity to get this mink coat, but since I have no experience with furs I would really appreciate your opinions... Would you buy it and how much would you pay for it? :smile:
Thank you!!!

Here are some pics:

I think a mahogony long mink is a classic so yes, I would happily buy it. The price does really depend so much on the quality of the pelts (they do look good quality) and whether it is new.

Girls thank you so much for your opinions :flowers:

Here's some more info: the coat was made 20 years ago by an italian artisan, allegedly it was worn rarely, and I would be getting it from the first owner for 450$... What do you think?

TIA!

Bargain!

Never mind us, how about you?:

Did you want mink or is this something that just came along? Personally I think mink is still the best fur for classic styling, hang and durability and suits most people.

Do you like Mahogony (the colour)?

Does the colour suit you?

Have you tried it on? Does it fit you? Remodelling and altering fur is not cheap!

It's full length, does that suit you?

Will you wear it or will it sit in YOUR wardrobe for the next 20 years when you have to sell it for $200?

20 + YO (and TBH this ones cut reminds me more of 30 +) furs were usually made heavier than contemporary ones, can you deal with the weight of a full length? Twenty years ago fur coats were usually cut wide with swing backs and wide sleeves (although I prefer this narrow, more classic cut)

I have a full length, classic cut, mahogany mink but I prefer my knee length with 3/4 sleeves because I can chuck it on over anything and everything. Strange but true, pre-loved shorter furs are usaully priced the same as full length even though they were prob more to begin with just because they are easier to re-sell.

I totally comend eveyone who buys vintage fur rather than new, however, Pre-loved can seem like a bargain but check every part because once the skins go crispy or there's balding/worn spots it's not worth the trouble.

There are fur sales everywhere ATM and you can get fairly good deals on a coat you choose rather than just buy something because it's a bargain. If this is exactly the kind coat you have been dreaming about then go for it.

modeling shots would help....

I too have been looking at vintage/preowned furs...I found a few at amazing prices....I am just not sure if I would be buying because it's a great deal or because I love the fur....

I wish we had a thread dedicated to ladies modeling their furs....

I would never buy a fur coat until I'd personally tried it on, I did this with one a while ago and hated it on me.

$350 is a standard price for any used vintage fur coat, maybe $400 for a long one. These are very used ones that you would find in a vintage shop for example.

If it's as good quality as it's supposed to be then $450 is not a bad price, but I would want to feel how the furs are stitched together personally for quality because repairs are difficult to come by.

Thank you!!!

Here are some pics:

it does look very good quality from the photo. However it is unlikely the style will look good without professional alterations which are expensive. (modelling shots? ) Like another lady said, check it carefully for balding spots etc. A long mink coat like that, will need to be send for 'cold storage' and maintenance every year, so its quite a commitment. If stored improperly fur smells really bad and gets moths... need I say more?