Would you buy this M/L flap?

Kfoorya2

Jun 22, 2013
Hello everyone! Thanks for passing by, I have been torn in the past two days trying to decide if I should go ahead and buy this flap but still there has been some resistance: if the bag is worth it or should I just go for a classic caviar one.

I don't even know from which act is the golden/ivory fabric flap but when I saw it I was amazed!! I have never seen it nor was it on my wish list! But for sure it did get into my heart!

I would just like to get your personal opinion of what you think of this m/l flap!
Thanks in advance! Your opinion would really influence my decision and I will really appreciate it 😊

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1405272293.798029.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1405272306.711807.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1405272282.570567.jpg

It is very pretty. Would I buy it? No. I am sure it wasn't cheap and I don't like to spend the big bucks on anything but Classics. As pretty as it is, I am not into fabric bags, especially a fabric flap.

I think it's a beautiful and unique piece! Certainly not an everyday bag but it would add an elegant touch on nights out. I wouldn't buy unless you absolutely love it though. You need to assess what purpose you intend the bag the bag to serve. Caviars are more everyday bags. Good luck and let us know what you decide. Would you mind sharing the price of the bag?

I think it's a beautiful and unique piece! Certainly not an everyday bag but it would add an elegant touch on nights out. I wouldn't buy unless you absolutely love it though. You need to assess what purpose you intend the bag the bag to serve. Caviars are more everyday bags. Good luck and let us know what you decide. Would you mind sharing the price of the bag?

Thanks for your input dear! Really appreciated! It is for $4100

Thanks for your input dear! Really appreciated! It is for $4100
That's not a bad price point. My tweed and fabric flaps that I purchased years ago, the oldest is from 2002, are still in regular rotation. I get much more compliments on those than any of my black flaps other than the Westminster pearl. The only fabric bag that didn't hold up was my black jersey flap which has an unrepairable hole due to improper storage. If you opt for fabric just make sure the material is sturdy. ;)

It's pretty, but if I were to get a gold Chanel flap bag, I'd get a solid color gold. The fabric here shortens its seasonal use. I had the same feeling about the white/gold marble effect Boy. I still think it's stunning, but I wasn't sure how much use I'd really get out of it. A caviar bag begs to be worn.

I know classic caviar are always to go but hardly find and the price point is so high in my country.so im really torn of which bag that should be my next purchase.im 23 years old,starting my new job.i dont have much budget for brand new chanel classic flap as im still saving up for lady dior.so the choices are from preloved market in a good condition.here we go:

1.Chanel Classic Medium Flap Lambskin in black with ghw (vintage)

2.Louis Vuitton Alma PM Epileather red(carmine) bought around 2010-2013

3.Saint Laurent Cabas Chyc flap crossbody bought at 2013 in lambskin.

4.Fendi Peek a boo medium Beige with Zucca Print inside (the classic FF)

5.Chanel Mademoiselle Small in Orange Patent Leather

Or

6.Brand New Fendi 2jours petite

These bags were at the same price point so it really hard decision for me as i want it to be as good investment as possible and can be versatile.Thankyou very much.

You could start with something that is more within your budget, such as woc or gst. Those are classic bags as well, and would be more appropriate for your age and job condition. In a few years, you could get your classic m/l.

I am not a fan of this - but I don't like fabric bags either - so this is no surprise. I wonder how you go cleaning it if it got a mark or stain? I think it is also restricting to what you can wear with it - but it is all personal preference. You will certainly have a unique piece if you do purchase.

it is beautiful but I would not buy it because I would be scared as to how it will hold up in say 10-20 years...when it comes to chanel I always like to stick to classic caviar. (or an exotic skin)
**a python flap is on my radar** :loveeyes::loveeyes:

Hello everyone! Thanks for passing by, I have been torn in the past two days trying to decide if I should go ahead and buy this flap but still there has been some resistance: if the bag is worth it or should I just go for a classic caviar one.

I don't even know from which act is the golden/ivory fabric flap but when I saw it I was amazed!! I have never seen it nor was it on my wish list! But for sure it did get into my heart!

I would just like to get your personal opinion of what you think of this m/l flap!
Thanks in advance! Your opinion would really influence my decision and I will really appreciate it ��
The only person's opinion who should matter is your own. I've highlighted some things you said about this lovely bag. It's been in your mind for two days, and it got into your heart. Perhaps you are better following your heart than random strangers (of which I'm one) who would or wouldn't buy this bag. It's a gorgeous bag, and it was from last spring; they had shoes to match. It's still a classic bag, and not everyone has to be of the "black caviar with gold hardware" crowd. If you love it then you should buy it. :smile:

PS--it goes beautifully with your lovely top and torn jeans, so if it works with this outfit, think of the possibilities to wear it dressed down as well as up. I think you'd find many opportunities to wear the bag. Chanel bags don't have to be reserved for special occasions. They are just as much at home in a park as at the opera, lovely on the beach and out to dinner, perfectly okay in the supermarket as at a wedding. The choices are all yours.