Would you buy this Chanel Timeless bag which need to be restored ?

mgxl92

Jun 22, 2020
Hi everyone, I'm about to buy this Chanel Timeless bag for 950dollars. I would like to know your opinion about the bag.
Indeed, it has been dyed from beige to dark green, and there is a big stain on the interior side.
I think that I could make it restored by a handbag spa and also I would dye it in navy or black shade.
So 2 questions for you girls:
1) Is it a good deal ?
2) Do you know how much would I need to spend to restore the bag ?

Thanks in advance !

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2020-06-21 à 23.39.52.png
    Capture d’écran 2020-06-21 à 23.39.52.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 117
  • Capture d’écran 2020-06-21 à 23.41.08.png
    Capture d’écran 2020-06-21 à 23.41.08.png
    971.2 KB · Views: 114
Reactions: Roie55
Send an email or facebook message to a professional bag spa you would work with and ask their opinion. They may be able to do wonders for a few hundred dollars - which is a good investment. Personally I LOVE the whip stitch, i would go for it and buy a bag shaper - that takes care of the shape - you would still have a gorgeous colour and unusual bag.
You need to take note of one important thing - the leather itself is in great condition, no rips, tears, worn corners. That ages a bag faster than anything, and doesnt look as 'Luxe'. Stain on the inside !! ppfftt not even important.

Did u end up buying the bag?
If u have intentions to resell it after a while, best to give it a miss coz redye bags are hard to resell.
However if it’s for own use, u can spruce it up n enjoy it! This colour doesn’t look that bad itself n the stitches are unique!

Reactions: Mimi-2020