would you buy on ebay or bonanzle?

mothbeast

O.G.
Jan 12, 2009
Found listing for the same bag on both ebay and bonanzle. Bonanzle is $25 cheaper and has OBO. Made offer. Upon digging more in this forum to figure out how long they have with the offer I realize that it's possible that the seller might not have selected to add OBO, it's the default. Sigh. So would you consider the $25 worth it to have coverage for SNAD through paypal?

Bonanzle is a newer, less established site with considerably lower seller fees. Sellers can offer much lower prices because of this - many sell the same exact items on both ebay and Bonanzle but have lower prices on Bonanzle. If you are paying via Paypal, you will still get buyer protection regardless of the site you choose. Just make sure your item is well described in the listing. If you are buying from a reputable seller, your risk is relatively small.

ONLY ebay offers PP Buyer Protection. Any other non-ebay PP transaction only offers PP Buyer Complaint against INR.

I have bought both on BONZ and on EBAY. IMO, it does not matter WHERE you buy as much as it matter WHO the seller is. RESEARCH your sellers.

And no matter WHICH you choose, pay via PP with a credit card (and NOT a PP credit card).

Bonanzle is a newer, less established site with considerably lower seller fees. Sellers can offer much lower prices because of this - many sell the same exact items on both ebay and Bonanzle but have lower prices on Bonanzle. If you are paying via Paypal, you will still get buyer protection regardless of the site you choose. Just make sure your item is well described in the listing. If you are buying from a reputable seller, your risk is relatively small.

This is incorrect. You only receive buyer protection for purchases made via paypal thru ebay.

OP, personally, I don't think $25 is that much of a difference. It really depends on whether you want to be protected on your purchase. Go with your gut instinct. If the seller is reputable, you will have nothing to worry about either way.

. If you are paying via Paypal, you will still get buyer protection regardless of the site you choose. .

This is not correct. If you buy on Bonanzle and pay via paypal you are only covered for an item not received claim. You receive no buyer protection if the item is not as described. This is why I will only buy on Ebay.

Linda

Agree with Ellie Mae - no matter where your buyer - know your seller!
It's a crazy world out there so best to equip yourself with much info as you can!
ONLY ebay offers PP Buyer Protection. Any other non-ebay PP transaction only offers PP Buyer Complaint against INR.

I have bought both on BONZ and on EBAY. IMO, it does not matter WHERE you buy as much as it matter WHO the seller is. RESEARCH your sellers.

And no matter WHICH you choose, pay via PP with a credit card (and NOT a PP credit card).