Would you buy LV if they also sold it at discount stores?

Would you buy LV if they also sold it at discount stores...

• yes, it wouldn't matter to me

• No way! why spend the $$$ if it might turn up at a discount store

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kimm992

O.G.
Jun 9, 2006
I'm gonna be the odd one out and say YES!! (as long as the quality was the same).

I love LV to bits....the styles, the quality, etc. and I would love it whether it cost $1,000 or $25 (it would never be that cheap obviously....but you know what I mean) !!! I don't love it because it costs a lot and I don't love it because it never goes on sale.....

so my answer is yes I would buy LV no matter what.

whistlerchic

Oct 28, 2006
Hmph. Tried to post here yesterday but the site went down mid-post.:confused1:

This is actually one of the things I do like about LV, is that it doesn't go on sale. I would be immensely frustrated if I bought something full price only to see it much cheaper later. That would suck, plain and simple. :Push:

But on a similar vein, there is a Salvation Army store that I walk by on a regular basis, and they had about 5 LV items up for auction last month. A mono purse, a couple damier pieces, and even a baby blue vernis clutchy-type thing. Granted, I am fakey-illiterate, so they may have indeed been fake and I didn't go in to look at them or see how much they were bidding at... but it was weird to see LV in the Salvation Army. This thread reminded me of that!;)

*jazzybelle*

Viva Vuitton!
O.G.
May 28, 2006
I would be mad as hell if I saw a Louis Vuitton piece at TJ Maxx or Marshalls! And that is not to hate on either store - on the contrary, I find tons of wonderful clothing brands there at a discount (i.e., Kenar, Tahari, Max Studio, Laundry by Shelli Segal and Polo, to name a few of my faves) and housegoods as well. I used to occasionally buy pocketbooks from both places but they'd be those obscure Italian leather ones that are $100+ (which was a lot to me then, lol.)

Right away, when my husband turned me onto LV I noticed that it must be a unique brand because so many people carry counterfeits. I mean, when's the last time you saw a fake GAP bag? :lol: So that really peaked my interest and I've been hooked on its exclusivity ever since.

Now, it would be nice if they occasionally offered a discount of some sort or cut the crap with all the price increases, but for those of us trying to buy more for less there is always eBay and Marketplace. :P

Feb 21, 2006
To me that is the appeal of Louis Vuitton...knowing that in a matter of months that it will not be reduced. It's nice to know that their products only go up in value...but having said that 3 price increases a year is ridiculous!