Would you buy it?

Robyn Loraine

Jan 14, 2010
Hey all! I was looking at purchasing a lovely leather jacket in a cognac/light brown color. I've been wanting a lighter colored leather jacket for spring/summer for a while now, but have yet to find one that I liked the style of for a reasonable price. Well, just the other day I found the PERFECT jacket, on really good sale, lambskin leather, just the right color, beautiful hardware, and by a brand I have many, many pieces from (so I assume I can just go with the same size I get in everything from that brand)...however the only problem is it's FINAL SALE. :sad: Although it's much cheaper than at full retail, it's still about a $500 jacket. Should I take the risk? What would you do? TIA for your input!

well if you're buying it from a reputable company eg. NM, Saks, Barneys....etc then there's no problem. I wouldn't hesitate at all. However if you don't really know the company selling it... then it's better to do more research in this area

i think i'd get it.
i recently got a pair of leather pants...i used the recommended sizing...it's not as tight as i wanted but still pretty good. plus after i dry clean them..they'll get smaller. which i don't think i'll do it soon or often at all.

I wouldn't get it unless you've tried it.......It has to be the perfect leather jacket on you to be the perfect jacket IMO. Maybe you can find a "real" store that has it to try it on at or even an online store to order from full-price so you can try, return and know your sizing before getting the final sale one?

Is there anywhere near you that you can see it irl?
If you think you are going to regret it later I would get it. But if your on the fence try to see if you can try it in at a department store or anywhere that carries that brand. If not, I would look it up on eBay to see if you have a resell option on that off chance you don't love it... $500 is a lot for a jacket if you don't love it.

No. I've been out a lot of $ before on a final sale and wasn't able to resell for even close to what I paid on ebay. Unless you can try it on or see it IRL then I would pass.

If it is a well known brand like Mike and Chris or Sword leather jacket it may sell but not for what you paid.

By the way, my opinion was based on my own personal experience. I purchased a dress (non-returnable) for a large sum of money (I have several dresses from the same designer, so I "know" my size). The dress was gorgeous, but just didn't fit the way I wanted it to. To make matters worse, I tried to sell the dress on a popular auction site and got scammed by the buyer. Now, I'm too afraid to to try to re-sell it, so I'm stuck with an expensive dress that I will probably never wear.