Would You Buy Ignes from Another Store?

johnnygirl

Dec 27, 2007
I've been reading the posts on the Ignes bags, and I'm rather intrigued. I've never bought one before, but all the buzz is certainly making me consider one. Here's what I'm curious about, though: would you ever buy an already-assembled Ignes bag from another store, either online or bricks & mortar? Or is the whole appeal of these bags in the customization and interaction with the designer at ignesbags.com? Inquiring minds want to know!

kuwa

O.G.
Feb 25, 2008
Hey johnnygirl, that is a great question.

I personally love the customization options and the relationship you develop with the company. It makes the bags a bit more meaningful or special to me.

That said, if there were a fantastic sale of a bag I would be happy with, I wouldn't hesitate to go for it!

greenpixie

More please!
O.G.
Dec 1, 2006
What she said! :P

I think the customization is one of the best things about buying an Ignes bag, but if I found a bag in the style/color/lining combo I wanted at another store, I would consider buying it.

No Cute

cupcake butt
Aug 17, 2008
I bought two premade sample bags and didn't know what to expect from the lining, but I love them as much as my other Ignes, even lacking suede ;).

I would buy an Ignes from another store...there is actually one I'm looking at now and resisting that is exactly what I want and 1/3 the price for some reason, someone overstocked or something? So I would buy from someone else depending on price and whether I want that style. (Sales goggles big time at my house :smile: )

Jul 14, 2008
spain
I would buy from another store, but only if it is on sale... I dont mind waiting 3-4 weeks, and I LOVE the customization. So my first choice is buy from Ignes directly, and from another stores if I have some incentive ( Like a sale)

No Cute

cupcake butt
Aug 17, 2008
I would buy from another store, but only if it is on sale... I dont mind waiting 3-4 weeks, and I LOVE the customization. So my first choice is buy from Ignes directly, and from another stores if I have some incentive ( Like a sale)
She said it much better.

elizat

Sep 21, 2007
What she said! :P

I think the customization is one of the best things about buying an Ignes bag, but if I found a bag in the style/color/lining combo I wanted at another store, I would consider buying it.
I agree. There are some great deals on ebay at times too- a Sofia was listed at $135 w/ free shipping. That is the biggest downside to Ignes though- very hard to sell b/c it is a brand that is not super well known. When I buy, I make sure I really love the design and leather b/c I know I can't get $ out of it for resale.

Suzzeee

O.G.
Jul 9, 2007
California
It would be really nice to be able to check out a style/size of bag before ordering - I've bought several lately that haven't worked for me simply because that brand/designer wasn't available in a store I could get to and I ended up ordering sight unseen - with the resale down, it's an expensive way to try things out;)

kuwa

O.G.
Feb 25, 2008
That is a good point. ^^

I agree that it would be nice to be able to walk into a store and try them on (wasn't this in the works??? thought a DC store was among the cities, maybe the economy means stores aren't expanding stock??).

But the good news is that if something is not what you were thinking, you can send it back. Maybe not if you just changed your mind, but they do stand behind their product. That is why you should take advantage of the customizations!!!! Then you get what you want (handle drop, choice of HW, choice of leather & type of leather, lining, studs or no, rolled handles, flat or braided). Really, the choices are limited by your own taste.

So what happened to having a few models in stores in the US? Anyone know??

xlana

O.G.
Sep 26, 2006
New York City
Like the other girls, I would only buy if it's on sale because it's not customized to my liking, therefore I am not willing to pay full price for it.

That being said, I just recently bought a tinted wine romy for an incredible price of $69 at fashion philantrophy! I whole-heartedly recommend shopping there. Pam, the owner, is super sweet and if you read my story on my parcel being delivered to the wrong address, she was a doll about the whole thing and was determined to help get the product to me.

I guess the best way to "try out" an item is to look at all the pictures in the forum as that's probably the closest most of us are going to get to the Ignes bags of our choice before we take the plunge!! Or request one of the lovely ladies on the forum to model a bag for you.

No Cute

cupcake butt
Aug 17, 2008
It would be really nice to be able to check out a style/size of bag before ordering - I've bought several lately that haven't worked for me simply because that brand/designer wasn't available in a store I could get to and I ended up ordering sight unseen - with the resale down, it's an expensive way to try things out;)
You can return if you don't like it. Ignacio was very clear when I order Ormomla that if I didn't like her, send her right back for a new bag.

Euridice

Sichuan
O.G.
Aug 22, 2008
Baltimore
I would do it if it were a bag I wanted, but I wouldn't expect the exact bag I wanted to be available. And, yes, Kuwa, I totally remember we were hearing about IGnes being in a DC shop.