would you buy from large seller with lots of positive FB but also neg?

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
Looking at boots. Price seems too good to be true. Seller is huge. Has lots of positive FB (tens of thousands) but also some neg (hundreds). Some negs say item was fake or item was broken and repaired, item not received.

Would you go with the odds - lots of positive FB?
or look at the neg and fact that price is too low and pass?

A seller might never have sold a fake and in fact may never had done anything wrong at all yet still have received undeserved neg(s).

There are also sellers who have 100% feedback who have sold fakes and either never got caught, buyers never knew they got a fake or if confronted, seller was apologetic and issued full refund.

Feedback doesn't always give a true picture of the seller's history, honesty or dishonesty.

OTOH, there are many large sellers who are either careless or who have knowingly or unknowingly listed and sold fakes. Since it's a seller's responsibility to know that items are authentic before listing, I'm less likely to close my eyes to numerous instances of fakes. After the first confrontation, the seller should realize that she may not know as much as she thinks she should and all subsequent items should be checked.

I can think of several (supposedly reputable) sellers with a history and feedback you describe and personally, I think I'd avoid them. That's just me.

If you think it's too good to be true and want to go for it, use a c.c. to fund the payment but don't be surprised if it turns out to be less than you expected.

A seller might never have sold a fake and in fact may never had done anything wrong at all yet still have received undeserved neg(s).

There are also sellers who have 100% feedback who have sold fakes and either never got caught, buyers never knew they got a fake or if confronted, seller was apologetic and issued full refund.

Feedback doesn't always give a true picture of the seller's history, honesty or dishonesty.

OTOH, there are many large sellers who are either careless or who have knowingly or unknowingly listed and sold fakes. Since it's a seller's responsibility to know that items are authentic before listing, I'm less likely to close my eyes to numerous instances of fakes. After the first confrontation, the seller should realize that she may not know as much as she thinks she should and all subsequent items should be checked.

I can think of several (supposedly reputable) sellers with a history and feedback you describe and personally, I think I'd avoid them. That's just me.

If you think it's too good to be true and want to go for it, use a c.c. to fund the payment but don't be surprised if it turns out to be less than you expected.
these boots are $90 at NR and seller has them for $46 including shipping. Good savings and they have a color that NR doesn't have (and which I haven't seen IRL). But even tho price is great, I don't know if I want to risk a bad transaction.
FB is 325K positive, 3300 neutral, 3900 neg. 98.6% positive
Thanks for your advice. Always appreciated.

these boots are $90 at NR and seller has them for $46 including shipping. Good savings and they have a color that NR doesn't have (and which I haven't seen IRL). But even tho price is great, I don't know if I want to risk a bad transaction.

If I didn't have any concerns about the item itself, that FB is pretty good for someone who sells at that volume.

If I didn't have any concerns about the item itself, that FB is pretty good for someone who sells at that volume.
I just googled them and they also sell via Amazon. Maybe worth a shot. Photo appears to be stock; they have multiple of this item and I haven't seen color IRL but price is tempting
thanks for the advice :smile:

I would give it a go...you may be pleasantly surprised & will have
made a good choice

thanks
they do have a 60 day return policy but I'd have to pay shipping both ways

Well if there was any problem with the condition of the boots or you found out they were not authentic then the seller would have to give you a full refund including your original shipping. In fact didn't something change recently where Ebay will pay the return shipping?? You shouldn't be out shipping both ways unless you change your mind on them or they don't fit or something.

Well if there was any problem with the condition of the boots or you found out they were not authentic then the seller would have to give you a full refund including your original shipping. In fact didn't something change recently where Ebay will pay the return shipping?? You shouldn't be out shipping both ways unless you change your mind on them or they don't fit or something.
that's what I was thinking....If they're not totally comfortable or I don't love the color....but such a good price and I've tried the style on so I think I'll go for it

thanks for all your advice
I pulled the trigger
Hopefully this will work out
I've only done a few buys on Ebay. The only one that worked out with no problems was with a large seller. Nothing against small, closet cleaning sellers but unfortunately for me, both times I bought from smaller sellers items were not as described.
Fingers crossed on this one.