Would you buy double of a bag just for the Limited Edition Print?

PurseOnFleek

We rise by lifting others
O.G.
Feb 14, 2009
Hi All! I own a pochette metis in monogram canvas and a palm springs mini in infrarouge. I have the opportunity to buy a Pochette Metis in Monogram Reverse. Has anyone else bought double of bag just to own the limited edition print of that bag? Im debating in my head whether a pochette metis is the type of bag to own 2 of. I know Speedy bags you can own more than one in varying prints because you have different size options and its just that "classic" of a bag.

Hi All! I own a pochette metis in monogram canvas and a palm springs mini in infrarouge. I have the opportunity to buy a Pochette Metis in Monogram Reverse. Has anyone else bought double of bag just to own the limited edition print of that bag? Im debating in my head whether a pochette metis is the type of bag to own 2 of. I know Speedy bags you can own more than one in varying prints because you have different size options and its just that "classic" of a bag.
Yes, I have a couple Montaignes that I use and love. If it's a bag you are going to use and enjoy, why not..

I fail to see the difference between owning Speedys in different prints versus anything else? I have the old Babylone in Monogram and a Special Order Damier Ebene. I have the Mini Looping in monogram and Special Orders in Red Epi and Damier Ebene. I have several Almas, several of the same vernis bag in different colours.

Don't buy it because it's limited edition though. Buy it because you love it.

I love my Palm Springs mini in mono so I immediately bought the infrarouge version when it came out -- also loved it. But I ultimately exchanged it before actually using it because I just couldn't justify having two identical "trendy" bags in different prints. JMHO though!!

Reactions: PurseOnFleek
I fail to see the difference between owning Speedys in different prints versus anything else? I have the old Babylone in Monogram and a Special Order Damier Ebene. I have the Mini Looping in monogram and Special Orders in Red Epi and Damier Ebene. I have several Almas, several of the same vernis bag in different colours.

Don't buy it because it's limited edition though. Buy it because you love it.
Thankyou for the feedback! I just feel the speedy is one of those bags because of varying sizes and now with the bandy that you could own it in different prints and its "justifiable" but i get your point if you love a particular bag and love the other print(s) then it makes sense to own more than one. I love the mono reverse and feel that the monogram canvas is beautiful too but perhaps because the reverse has bits of the mono original in it that its too closely similar to own two of... But at the same time the reverse is more casual where the original is versatile to be a evening bag. [emoji15] [emoji30]

I love my Palm Springs mini in mono so I immediately bought the infrarouge version when it came out -- also loved it. But I ultimately exchanged it before actually using it because I just couldn't justify having two identical "trendy" bags in different prints. JMHO though!!
Thats my internal battle ... Whether I can justify to keep the both bags or even get the reverse because the prints are more similar than even owning a infrarouge since the reverse has sections of original mono in it... I could sell the original bag but i would surely loose money and it sucks to do that with a bag you actually still like! But at the same time i love the reverse in the PM it looks so casual but trendy too

I have both the infrarouge and reverse in the PM. I've had no issues with either canvas. Go for it! I love them both. They are 2 very different looks even though they are the same bag.
Thanks! Im feeling that way about the mono and reverse mono i would style them differently because I feel the reverse mono is much more casual . I love the infrarouge in PM but i didnt feel that suited my style so i went for that in the palm springs. Funny how the same bag just different prints will dictate what you wear or what you wear will dictate which bag you pick!

Thanks! Im feeling that way about the mono and reverse mono i would style them differently because I feel the reverse mono is much more casual . I love the infrarouge in PM but i didnt feel that suited my style so i went for that in the palm springs. Funny how the same bag just different prints will dictate what you wear or what you wear will dictate which bag you pick!
Exactly!!!! Same here.

Reactions: PurseOnFleek
I haven't heard of any canvas issues with the reverse monogram. There are issues with the infrarouge canvas on the Pochette Metis.
I have the classic mono in it and adore that bag. I adore it so much that I bought the reverse when it came out also. I love the reverse mono. I think of them as the reverse for fall and winter and the classic for spring and summer LOL