Would you buy Chloe through ebay without paypal?

awayfromblue

Mica
O.G.
Apr 29, 2007
Hi all.

Couldn't think of where else to post this, so hopefully someone here can help. All my friends would think i was insane for paying hundreds of dollars for a bag, they don't get the whole chloe thing.

Anyway, I finally snapped and won a bag through ebay. More pics would have been nice, but I went for it anyway, planning to use paypal.

The issue: I'm in australia, seller is in USA. As I'm in Australia, I can't have a confirmed address on my paypal account.

I'm relatively new to ebay, so the seller is getting really frustrated as she wants to send to a confirmed address.

Should I attempt to pay through money order (however that's done), or should I keep trying to use my credit card through paypal to purchase the bag?

I really want the insurance of paypal and credit card on this, although I think the bag's real.

Advice please?:confused1:

Given your situation, I'd say hold out until you can get the PayPal confirmation and protection. While I've bought things on eBay with money orders and the transactions went just fine, I'd hesitate to do it with a designer bag. Your seller is probably fine, but you are in another country and you need the protection in case something goes wrong.

Hi, congrats on your purchase!

I came across this same situation the other week when I bought my latest bag. The seller queried me as to why my Paypal address was not confirmed and I explained that it was apparently not possible for PP to confirm most addresses outside the US. She made her own inquiries and then said she was happy to go ahead with the deal - she was satisfied that shipping insurance would cover us both.

I would hesitate to use any other payment method, to be honest. Do you think she could budge on the PP/address issue or is her mind made up? :confused1:

Hi, congrats on your purchase!

I came across this same situation the other week when I bought my latest bag. The seller queried me as to why my Paypal address was not confirmed and I explained that it was apparently not possible for PP to confirm most addresses outside the US. She made her own inquiries and then said she was happy to go ahead with the deal - she was satisfied that shipping insurance would cover us both.

I would hesitate to use any other payment method, to be honest. Do you think she could budge on the PP/address issue or is her mind made up? :confused1:

I've spoken to her and she is going to check with paypal that I can't have a confirmed address, although I do have a verified account. So hopefully she says she's happy to go ahead and send me the bag. Fingers crossed!

If i refuse to use money order I guess i just have to take the non-paying bidder mark on my account. which sucks, as my account is still really new and i only have 4 feedbacks! :Push:

Hi all.

Couldn't think of where else to post this, so hopefully someone here can help. All my friends would think i was insane for paying hundreds of dollars for a bag, they don't get the whole chloe thing.

Anyway, I finally snapped and won a bag through ebay. More pics would have been nice, but I went for it anyway, planning to use paypal.

The issue: I'm in australia, seller is in USA. As I'm in Australia, I can't have a confirmed address on my paypal account.

I'm relatively new to ebay, so the seller is getting really frustrated as she wants to send to a confirmed address.

Should I attempt to pay through money order (however that's done), or should I keep trying to use my credit card through paypal to purchase the bag?

I really want the insurance of paypal and credit card on this, although I think the bag's real.

Advice please?:confused1:

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AND THE SELLER FINALLY AGREED TO SEND IT TO SPAIN.... THEY WANT TO SELL...
I WOULD NEVER PAY BY BANK TRANSFER. THEY WILL RECEIVE THE MONEY, BUT THE BAG MAY NEVER ARRIVE...
I DID HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE BAG (USED BUT LISTED AS NEW) AND I WAS PROTECTED BY PAYPAL. iN THE END, THE SELLER AGREED TO GIVE ME A PARTIAL REFUND.
INSIST YOU ARE A GOOD PAYER AND WANT TO PAY VIA PAYPAL... OTHERWISE SHE WILL LOSE TIME AND WILL HAVE TO LIST AGAIN... IF YOU HAVE LITTLE FEEDBACK, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOOSE...
GOOD LUCK:tup:

Nope. Although as a newbie, I accidently paid thru bank transfers a couple of times. Fortunately, the transactions were smooth and without problems. I also have read a lot of people's experiences with the so-called "Paypal protection". And frankly, even though it is better than nothing, it is not bullet-proof. Using a credit card at least grants you the alternative of a charge-back option just in case things went wrong.
Oh, and be careful about the custom fees too. I've read a lot about expensive custom fees, so I have been avoiding international ebay purchases. Don't know about australia, but US custom fee % is fairly high for an expensive item like a chloe bag. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks, I've found that link and spoken to her about it it, she still seemed a little unsure, so she is now opening a paypal dispute and hopefully it gets resolved:smile: I think she is seeing how I am trying to help her resolve the issue and is feeling more inclined to help me, which is great. She really is a lovely lady, I feel so sorry for this whole thing!

Whats worrying is that she's said she has shipped to Australia in the past with no issues, she sent a bag that arrived last week. :confused1:

Anyway, I bought my black east-west satchel, I couldn't wait any longer, had to have one! Hopefully I get this issue straightened out before Christmas and I can post pics of the lovelyness!

Nope. Although as a newbie, I accidently paid thru bank transfers a couple of times. Fortunately, the transactions were smooth and without problems. I also have read a lot of people's experiences with the so-called "Paypal protection". And frankly, even though it is better than nothing, it is not bullet-proof. Using a credit card at least grants you the alternative of a charge-back option just in case things went wrong.
Oh, and be careful about the custom fees too. I've read a lot about expensive custom fees, so I have been avoiding international ebay purchases. Don't know about australia, but US custom fee % is fairly high for an expensive item like a chloe bag. Just my 2 cents.

I don't think things will go wrong, but I'd really like the added protection just in case! This is the most expensive bag I've ever bought - I'm very cautious! I'm glad your transactions through bank transfer went okay though :smile:

Hopefully as the bag is under $1,000 AUS I shouldn't get hit with lots of customs fees - that's what I've picked up from around this forum anyway.

Given your situation, I'd say hold out until you can get the PayPal confirmation and protection. While I've bought things on eBay with money orders and the transactions went just fine, I'd hesitate to do it with a designer bag. Your seller is probably fine, but you are in another country and you need the protection in case something goes wrong.

The lovely seller is working with me to get the issue resolved through paypal :smile: So hopefully we can both get the protection we require, as we're both not sure about attempting th transaction unless we are covered by paypal's protection policies.

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AND THE SELLER FINALLY AGREED TO SEND IT TO SPAIN.... THEY WANT TO SELL...
I WOULD NEVER PAY BY BANK TRANSFER. THEY WILL RECEIVE THE MONEY, BUT THE BAG MAY NEVER ARRIVE...
I DID HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE BAG (USED BUT LISTED AS NEW) AND I WAS PROTECTED BY PAYPAL. iN THE END, THE SELLER AGREED TO GIVE ME A PARTIAL REFUND.
INSIST YOU ARE A GOOD PAYER AND WANT TO PAY VIA PAYPAL... OTHERWISE SHE WILL LOSE TIME AND WILL HAVE TO LIST AGAIN... IF YOU HAVE LITTLE FEEDBACK, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOOSE...
GOOD LUCK:tup:

I'm hoping that my seller eventually decides just to send the bag too! :yes: Obviously I want her to have adequate protection if the bag is lost in the mail or something though.

Glad you got a partial refund on the bag, sounds like you had a nice seller too!

I've spoken with her and she seems happy to complete the sale if she can get verification from paypal that she is protected - so hopefully the issue is resolved soon!

Couldn't agree more. :tup:

hi girls~ i'm in australia and i have a confirmed address~ no joke~ not sure how i did it but i've being using paypal for years now and along the way i've authenticated my bank accounts and credit cards details with them, so i've never had a problem with sellers and having items sent over. I hope this helps.