Would you Buy an Older Bag from in Store? Normal to find that?

Would you buy a 4-year-old bag new from boutique?

• Yes

Votes: 91 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 52 36.4%

• Total voters
I encountered this too in Palo Alto. I thought it was odd as well but I'm new to Chanel. They had gotten several older bags sent to them from other stores, with some as old as 2 years. I don't think it's a bad thing and could be really lucky for someone who missed out on an older style when it was still in circulation.

Hi! I’ve been eyeing up the so black reissue in chevron for a while and finally decided to take the plunge. My SA helped me locate one in the size 226 and kindly transferred one from another store. I’ve just seen the tag and it looks like it’s from 18K. It looks new and in good condition, however I can’t help but wonder whether I should have any reservations about it having been sitting in storage for 3 years.

Should I be worried? Is this bag so limited that it’s normal? Thank you!

Hmmm... maybe covid caused it to not sell faster since stores were close. I would not take it, but that is me. I don't see how it's much different than anyone else storing it for 3 years. Was it boxed? Even worse. Unless they charged you a price from 2018 I would take a fresher one from this year or just wait. But to each their own! :smile:

Reactions: GloWW0rM
Thanks for merging my thread - interesting to see that there is indeed some older stock shifting going on post-lockdown! I’d love the bag for the 2018 price but as long as there are no defects I think I’m happy to take the bag.

Reactions: Swanky
Glad to see this thread. I brought a red 20s boy flat card case from San Francisco store yesterday. Was too glad to see the beautiful color that I didn’t realize that it is from 29 series (yes red does that to me:sad: ). There is no plastic cover on the CC logo but looks good to me. I am so much in love with the color that I don’t want to return it. 37D40177-FF0B-451D-B9BF-A3169FE13420.jpeg

Reactions: GloWW0rM
It’s beautiful! My reissue was in perfect condition when inspected so I’ve kept mine and I’m glad to have found it.

Glad to see this thread. I brought a red 20s boy flat card case from San Francisco store yesterday. Was too glad to see the beautiful color that I didn’t realize that it is from 29 series (yes red does that to me:sad: ). There is no plastic cover on the CC logo but looks good to me. I am so much in love with the color that I don’t want to return it. View attachment 5086242

Last edited:
I’m quiet new to Chanel.
I purchase a small Chanel filigree vanity case small in black recently and when I received it in the mail. I realized that the tag for this bag is from Chanel 19C collection.
Is that normal to get the bag is still sitting there after 2 years? Because this is the only bag they have available now for black in small. Because I saw most people are getting with newer series

I’m super new to Chanel and this surprised me after reading everything about how hard certain pieces are to find. I found 19K boy wallet and a 19C camera case in Chicago. I loved the colors so it doesn’t matter much to me.

The reason these are popping up is because my SA said that they are clearing warehouses in asia and europe and sending older stock to the usa. i found a gem from 2018, with gorgeous puffy leather. Tags attached and all- and of course it had the 2018 price. lol

Reactions: Swanky and lkweh