Would you buy an LV that has been on display?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I was recently in Paris and found the LV I wanted (Tuileries satchel) they only had the one in display, so I bought it as it seemed in great condition although it had been out for a couple of weeks. The bag looks great but I am now wondering if I did the right trying on such expensive bag :sad:

2. If it looks great, why not? Even the bags they pull from behind the counter have most likely been handled.

3. Yes, I have purchased a display model in my case the Sully MM back in 2015. I visited a few boutiques and each typically only had one in stock. The one I got was in great condition so I was very happy with it.

47109 likes this.
  4. I know you wanted such a beautiful bag at that point in time; especially being and getting it in Paris. Since there is nothing wrong with it, enjoy it. :smile:

I know sometimes I go to a boutique and there is only one available; knowing it’s been handled umpteen times; but if I truly wanted it at that particular moment, I would buy it.

Sometimes we have to bite the bullet, so to speak.

Enjoy your beautiful purchase.

fitofrage, KS3 and Lucille68 like this.
  5. Yes I would and I have.

fitofrage likes this.
  6. Knowing that most bags "on display" are sold and replaced often, sometimes several times per day, I would have no issue buying a bag on display... and I have done so many times!!!

BULL, fitofrage, Baglady777 and 12 others like this.
  7. Bags are constantly rotated. What was on display today is probably out the back tomorrow. This whole idea about freahly from out the back is a myth, unless just received in the store. Many times I go in to look at a bag that I saw previously on the shelf only to see it has gone and when I inquire about it, they bring it out from the back. To me it is no big deal, my Capucines was on display on and off for weeks before I bought it.

8. Of course I would.

vinbenphon1 likes this.
  9. Minks4all YouTube Channel doesn’t purchase anything on “display”. She saw a bag in the boutique and then “politely” as she always does, demanded a fresh piece sent from the warehouse. Little do they know those pieces could have been from an Online return. I think it’s utterly rediculous, unless there is a damage on the piece, especially considering how often they rotate their bags...

10. I have purchased bags on display because I noticed that I tend to try on bags that aren’t on display from the draws or cabinet - so I figured they’re all getting handled one way or another. The only thing I prefer not to purchase from display are the shawls because they get snagged so easily and people are always touching them, unrolling them and trying them on.

11. yes

Madrye28 likes this.
  12. I’ve bought many bags on display. I look them over carefully, and if everything looks fine, it goes home with me.

fitofrage and Madrye28 like this.
  13. Sure I would. These days we're lucky to find any bags we want available and on the shelf!

Pagan, Kayceedee88, Lucille68 and 2 others like this.
  14. Yup! I have. It looked brand new!

15. Yes, I have bought display bags. It doesn't bother me.

ccbaggirl89 likes this.