Would you buy a preowned without a dust bag?

woodscape6

Jan 16, 2013
I like an authenticated preowned and am wondering if I should buy it due to the fact that it does not come with a dust bag? Does that matter? Does that rais any new red flags? What have others done in this situation?
Thanks

As long as the bag itself is in good condition and authentic I would not have a problem buying a bag without the dust bag..I think I read here that someone uses a pillow cover for a dust bag...I bought a preloved from Yoogis and it came in one of their dust bags (very nice drawstring dust bag, I might add!) not the official LV one and I had it authenticated here. There were no problems..

it would not bother me, I use a pillow case for my bloomsbury even though I bought it new online and I have the dustbag folded up in one of my boxes. I bought a small prada from yoogis, it did not come with a prada dustbag but they did put in in a Yoogis dustbag. It did come with the original box and tags but if it hadn't had those either I would not have cared.

I don't think the dustbag proves it's authentic one way or the other. I don't know where any of my dustbags are (I keep my bags in a drawer) and I never keep the boxes/shopping bags due to space constraints.

you can getextra dustbags from the Lv store you ask. if its a good price buy it anyway . wouldnt bother me . i just my SA for an extra dustbag next time im in the store x

I once purchased a pre-owned Neverfull without a dust bag. I just asked for one at my local store, when I brought the bag in to them. They gave me one no questions asked.

I buy them and I sell them without dustbags - I try my best to keep my collection with the dustbags but we move around a lot and sometimes I misplace it, especially one I use all the time. I have bought many without dustbags that were 100% authentic. I hate saying that...100% authentic as if it could be 40% authentic. LOL

It's barely an issue.

If you think about it, if all your bags had a dustbag, there'll always be one dustbag empty (the one you're using).

So even if you rotate your bags, there'll always be dustbags around for every bag.

Personally, getting the dust bag and tags are a huge plus! However, if the bag is authentic, great condition, great price, etc then I say get it! If you have a nice LV store near you with great SA's or if you have your own SA then perhaps if you ask then can give you one! It is true though what a member above said- getting the dust bag is not a sure way of knowing the bag is real :/ Good luck in your decision!