Would you buy a preowned Lady Dior

If the condition is good and the price is great, then for sure. Otherwise, if it's just a couple hundred dollars off from the retail price, then I would just pay the extra money to get it with the full Dior experience, including the box, bag, superior customer service, and also after sales service!

Great deals can be found on new second hand and used Lady Diors whether from consignment stores, Ebay or other online sources if you know what you are buying and do your research.

Why not?
If you got the okay from our helpful authenticators and the prices okay?

I did it and when the bag came i used an disinfectant spray clean the bag, and than do the bag in the freezer for 2 days, disinfect again.

And everything will be okay ;))

Claudia

I don't know enough about Dior to comment about the bags for Dior but
in most cases, pre-owned is better

due to the influx of prices, the vying for market share and profit, more $ gets spent on advertising and less on quality in most of today's "luxury" brands that one can hardly call luxury. (see other post discussion on 18k gold plated hw for old Chanel bags, lambskin lining, etc).

Chanel - to find a "high quality" flap you have to look before 2009.
Balenciaga - to find really good quality leather you have to look between 2004 to 2006.

Rolex and Hermes are two of the only brands I know that continue to re-invest in quality vs. market share.

This is in general. I don't know about old Dior enough to comment on old Dior vs. new Dior.

due to the influx of prices, the vying for market share and profit, more $ gets spent on advertising and less on quality in most of today's "luxury" brands that one can hardly call luxury. (see other post discussion on 18k gold plated hw for old Chanel bags, lambskin lining, etc).

Balenciaga - to find really good quality leather you have to look between 2004 to 2006.

Rolex and Hermes are two of the only brands I know that continue to re-invest in quality vs. market share.

This is in general. I don't know about old Dior enough to comment on old Dior vs. new Dior.

For Dior, I personally think that new is better. Dior's quality has actually increased over the years. Certainly they had nice quality before for styles like the Gaucho, Samurai, Jeanne, etc., but I find that the quality is even better now. Small details like zipper pulls in the Lady Dior have been modified to be nicer. The bottom corners of the Lady Dior have also been improved.

With Dior, it seems that they pay attention to their products and actually improve them as the years go by.

i would
but this is entirely up to you and i believe this is a personal matter
so while everyone has a say
ultimately it is your own decision to make
there are pros and cons as others have listed

It's my personal policy to never buy pre-loved items.
No, this does not mean I have more money than I know what to do with, it just means that when I do spend my money, I want to be CERTAIN that what I'm getting is real. The problem is, we're all human, we all make mistakes. So, what if the bag you want is the one mistake out of a million correct identifications? I'd rather wait a little longer and save up, than risk buying something that may not be authentic. Because, the second you begin to even slightly doubt your bag's authenticity, it's over. You'll feel guilty about the money you spent, and uncomfortable using it.
Just my (rather pessimistic) two cents. Sorry.

this ^^^^ but applies to dior as well. definitely.

this ^^^^ but applies to dior as well. definitely.

Which products from Dior are evidence of this? I have only noticed the opposite since 2008. Dior has been increasing their quality since that time. Details like zipper pulls, pocket-openings, and bag structure have all been modified for existing bag lines to improve them. Just compare a Dior Soft or Lady Dior from years ago to those made today, and they have definitely been improved.

I'm not asking in defense of Dior. It's just because I have really seen the opposite and am quite impressed.

Which products from Dior are evidence of this? I have only noticed the opposite since 2008. Dior has been increasing their quality since that time. Details like zipper pulls, pocket-openings, and bag structure have all been modified for existing bag lines to improve them. Just compare a Dior Soft or Lady Dior from years ago to those made today, and they have definitely been improved.

I'm not asking in defense of Dior. It's just because I have really seen the opposite and am quite impressed.

oh sorry! i read the post and wanted to agree with the part about hermes retaining its quality, and saying i agree and that applies to dior. like you said, they didnt have bad quality to start with at all (much better than Chanel i find) but have been getting better and better. i stopped buying chanel and switched to dior for this reason. i bought my first LD couple years ago and its still my favorite bag, and a few since then that have held up amazingly as well. the quoted TPF'er was saying "i dont know about dior...." so i meant to say that the quality improvement/retainment applies to dior as well! in fact i saw your post right afterwards when i scrolled down and was like oh shoot i shouldve quoted this one because i agree more. but i cant delete posts sooo... ;)

oh sorry! i read the post and wanted to agree with the part about hermes retaining its quality, and saying i agree and that applies to dior. like you said, they didnt have bad quality to start with at all (much better than Chanel i find) but have been getting better and better. i stopped buying chanel and switched to dior for this reason. i bought my first LD couple years ago and its still my favorite bag, and a few since then that have held up amazingly as well. the quoted TPF'er was saying "i dont know about dior...." so i meant to say that the quality improvement/retainment applies to dior as well! in fact i saw your post right afterwards when i scrolled down and was like oh shoot i shouldve quoted this one because i agree more. but i cant delete posts sooo... ;)

Oh! Sorry I totally misunderstood! Sorry about that! :smile: Now I know that you meant that in terms of Hermes and Dior.