Would you buy a house where the owner had died?

well, you just doubt cuz they told u, but how many old houses are out there were many other stuff happned, and still sell just that some people dont even know? are u superstitious? if not then get it, but if you are then dont cuz superstitions play with you mind and then forget it!

If it was my first house, definitely.

However, if the person was brutally murdered to the point that it had to take a whole cleaning crew to get the blood and guts off the walls, then no.

As far as I know, all states have to disclose whether or not a death has occurred within the home.

Our home is 50 years old, but nobody has passed away there. Honestly I don't think I'd have an issue with it. I love weird stuff and I do believe in hauntings... it'd have to have been a pretty gruesome crime to stop me from buying the home if I loved it. There are a couple of local homes I can think of where high-profile murders took place, and both of those are now occupied without any issues. I go to a lot of estate sales in a lot of older homes, and many times the elderly owners have died within the home. I have never once gotten the "creepy vibe" from one of these homes. The one and only time I've gotten a horrible vibe from a house was an estate sale I went to in a 100+ year old home. It got so bad I couldn't breathe, and I had to leave. I don't know the history of the house or if anything bad ever happened there or not. But, that's a house I wouldn't purchase.

A lady I used to know know moved into a duplex (this was in Florida, several years ago) where a man had murdered his family only about a month or two prior. Her husband rented the duplex before she was in town, and they didn't know about what happened there until they'd already moved in and been living there a few days. It was to be a temporary living space for them, so they opted to just stay there. Anyway, after they'd lived there about a month, one day she flushed the toilet and some shotgun shells (yes, from the murder) floated up. Apparently the dude had tried to flush them and they'd been stuck in the plumbing for a while. I think I can safely say that would have freaked me out. (And yes they did call the police about it.)

Last edited:
A lot of people die on the streets but we still drive on them without problems, so why should you be bothered of that man?

Here's a weird one that I forgot to add - someone died in my office, at the reception desk, which is about 15 feet away from my desk. There was another death that same day in another part of our facility. Both were natural deaths and happened about 2 years ago.

I've never had any problems here, and I never really even think about it. In fact, I'd forgotten it until I read this thread!

death is a part of life, so to me, it would be like asking if it would bother you if a baby was born in the house. would it bother you if an owners pet had died in the house... i personally don't find it to be a big deal... the only way to really know everything is to build your own house...

Today we found out that the previous owners' husband had died in the house. I guess he had slipped and fell in the bathroom and had blunt trauma to his head.
quote]

that being said, this was the way my grandmother died, so in this particular case, i wouldn't be able to handle it...

If the person died because they were murdered or suicide, no way! If natural cause, then maybe. It would depend on the vibe the house gave me. I watch too many horror films and TV shows on spirits so I know I'd get pretty freaked out easily. Also my husband travels a lot for business so I'd be home alone a lot. I would hate feeling a presence in my own home. Home is supposed to be my safe zone; a place where I feel 100% comfortable! Even if the house was haunted by nice ghosts, I wouldn't want to think of them seeing me naked. lol.