Would you buy a Hermes Birkin from craigslist?

I honestly wanted to get everyones opinion. If I bought it and it wasn't a fake I wouldn't blame you all.;)

if we all say yes, and you bought it... will you blame us if it turns out to be a fake?

our answers are irrelevant as it is your money (and a lot of it) and you will be responsible for it!

so please do think it through regardless of what we say here... just do your homework

good luck and remember, the Authenticate thread is always there to provide some reference, bearing in mind that the authenticators are basing their opinions on pictures provided.

I don't question the authenticity because the seller sent additional pics. I was worried about craigslist in general because of all the scams.;)

No, and no. I have never yet seen an authentic bag on Craigslist. Saralee10, as it seems you are asking for help, why don't you post in the authentication thread instead of here? I don't think this is the real thing.

Receiving more pics is not a ticket to authenticity, of course.

Well, in two words--ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Craig's list was great years ago but now it is heavily weighted to expensive scam artists!

Pics are no guarantee and switch & bait is the oldest game by many sellers.

Those of you who remember my profession chasing clones/copies/replicas know that sometimes I say things very strongly so I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE TO ANY HONEST ADVERTISERS ON CRAIG' S LIST but I have had two friends show up in London at an prepaid flat for their vacation to find that the flat owners are still very much in residence and that the flat in the add and the flat at the address were a combination of different flats and "real antiques".

But it is YOUR MONEY AND YOUR DECISION.

i would also give consideration to your personal safety, the seller will be expecting you to show up with a large sum of money. i would ONLY do it if we met at a public place, like a bank or police station, where you can see the item and then present the seller a cashier's check. this all presumes the bag is authentic....lots to consider and your safety is the first of course!!!

I would never do it, though of course it is your decision and your money. Have you posted it for authentication? It sounds to me as if you are comforted by additional photos, but I also get the feeling a number of folks posting have some doubts. Be careful, even a good price for a Birkin is a lot of money!! Hope it works out for you, whichever way you go on it!!

maybe....you can ask for more pictures...and ask them to write whatever you want (username, saying, # sequence) on a piece of paper that is in the same picture as the bag and of the details. does that make sense?