Would you buy a floor model?

SuperMom2

SAHM of 2
O.G.
Jul 25, 2008
My sister moving to California and I wanted to get her a present before she goes. Unfortunatly the bag I want for her is on backorder and the only local ones are floor models. The bag will be back in stock later this week buy my sister is heading out thursday. What do you think about buying a floor model as a gift? Is that a big no no :shrugs:

Oh the bag is the hamptons carryall in berry. She knew I ordered one and said she would love to have one too but can't afford at the moment.

I think it's okay to buy a floor model.
Like the others have said, just make sure there's nothing
wrong with it..and it doesn't look used or anything from
people touching it.
I think it'd be okay! :smile:

why dont u order one and have it sent to her new address....that way when she gets there she has a surprise waiting....

Personally I would do this since they don't give a discount for a floor model anyway (why pay same price for something not 100% new?). That way you know it is brand new and she will get to unwrap and open it.

If you look it over and it looks ok to you I don't see why you wouldn't just buy the floor model. People can be wary of this especially because Coach has a very hands-on allowance for it's customers, but if it's more important that she get it now then you may as well, if you can't see anything wrong with the floor model then there won't be some hidden problem with it just because it's a floor model.

I would say yes as long as it looks good. Your sister is still going to be the one to pull the tags off of it.

Quite honestly it wouldn't bother me a bit. It's still a new gorgeous coach.

I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers around here I know that there are a lot of people here who are really particular about their bag, maybe it's because I'm a little older I don't know, nonetheless here's my take:

Don't get me wrong I baby my expensive leather bags. I make sure that I don't sit it on the floor or the table or anywhere else that I know it could get something on it, but on the other side of this coin is the fact that it is a quality product. I have to believe that when Coach designs their bags they design them to be used and to age gracefully, with good care.

I treat all of my things in the same way (coats, bags, clothes, etc.) whether it was a bargain or a treat, but it was meant to be used, there is no way for it to stay brand new forever, it can certainly look brand new with proper care.

So, to me, I just don't understand why a display model would turn someone off unless there is something wrong with it. I'm certain you can get it in a box with a ribbon and your sister isn't going to give a darn about whether it was a display model that people touched or not.

Just my two cents, don't shoot me!

I would say yes as long as it looks good. Your sister is still going to be the one to pull the tags off of it.

I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers around here I know that there are a lot of people here who are really particular about their bag, maybe it's because I'm a little older I don't know, nonetheless here's my take:

Don't get me wrong I baby my expensive leather bags. I make sure that I don't sit it on the floor or the table or anywhere else that I know it could get something on it, but on the other side of this coin is the fact that it is a quality product. I have to believe that when Coach designs their bags they design them to be used and to age gracefully, with good care.

I treat all of my things in the same way (coats, bags, clothes, etc.) whether it was a bargain or a treat, but it was meant to be used, there is no way for it to stay brand new forever, it can certainly look brand new with proper care.

So, to me, I just don't understand why a display model would turn someone off unless there is something wrong with it. I'm certain you can get it in a box with a ribbon and your sister isn't going to give a darn about whether it was a display model that people touched or not.

I totally agree!

Your Sis is going to be super excited about the bag no matter what! They can still gift wrap it and everything.. it's still as new as the other bags. Just look at it and make sure nothing is wrong with it, which there really shouldn't be.

I bought the last orange pleated satchel in the store and it looked like it came straight out of the back!

ITA with this!

In fact, when I chose my last Peyton, I had the choice to get one that was new from the back or two displays, and I chose the display because it looked much better overall and did not have the flaw in the leather than the new one from the back did! If you buy from outlets, many times these are heavily used display bags or boutique rejects... and if not, at the very least, they've been handled a lot. Sure, you don't pay full price for these but the principle is the same. It would not turn me off to buy in either case as long as the bag met my criteria.

Also, some of those bags from the back at the boutique that you THINK haven't been handled are actually returns that we don't know about! If it looks good enough, they just put it back with the stock and resell it. I know because someone locally told me this. Also, some bags are taken in and out of rotation on the floor...and guess what happens to the ones taken off the floor?? They are put back in the back to sell as new. Most of these have had the white tag cut off, and a brown price tag put on the hangtag chain, though, so that's how you can usually tell.

I agree that there is nothing wrong with a floor model in general and realize that outlet bags are most likely these sometimes as well, which I would buy for myself no problem. But the question that the poster originally asked was if they should buy a floor model as a gift, and while I would have no problem buying one for myself I guess I am just weird and anal that if I was buying a gift, I would never give anything less than 100% brand new.

i agree that there is nothing wrong with a floor model in general and realize that outlet bags are most likely these sometimes as well, which i would buy for myself no problem. But the question that the poster originally asked was if they should buy a floor model as a gift, and while i would have no problem buying one for myself i guess i am just weird and anal that if i was buying a gift, i would never give anything less than 100% brand new.

ita .

i would buy it as a gift, ive gotten things from the outlet before as gift so i dont see a difference. just look it over real god, i know most people who try on the bags are careful so there really shuldnt be anything wrong with it. and besides she wont know any different