Would you buy a bbag on Bonanzle with no feedback seller but good pics?

I would be asking for more info.. like does the seller have a PF or Ebay ID..??
As a buyer, you do NOT have any PP buyer protection for NON-Ebay transactions. SO, an unknown zero feedback seller would make me nervous.

IF you decide to proceed, PLZ use a credit card that will stand behind you with a charge back, just in case.

Did you authentic any of her bags on the ATB?

I wouldn't be so quick to run from this one if you really like the bag. Even outside of ebay, PayPal offers some buyer protection (I don't know specifically what it is but you can look it up on PayPal's site).

Bonanzle is so new that you are bound to come across buyers and sellers who have no feedback. But how is this person supposed to get feedback without selling? It's a vicious circle. I'm new to Bonanzle and I would hate to think that people think I'm selling fakes just because I don't have any feedback yet.

I think as long as you have the bag authenticated here, email the seller and ask if they have an ebay ID you can check for feedback, and make sure you are comfortable with PayPal's protection for out of ebay transactions, then I don't see anything wrong with buying from them. Just cover your bases first!

I wouldn't be so quick to run from this one if you really like the bag. Even outside of ebay, PayPal offers some buyer protection (I don't know specifically what it is but you can look it up on PayPal's site).

Bonanzle is so new that you are bound to come across buyers and sellers who have no feedback. But how is this person supposed to get feedback without selling? It's a vicious circle. I'm new to Bonanzle and I would hate to think that people think I'm selling fakes just because I don't have any feedback yet.

I think as long as you have the bag authenticated here, email the seller and ask if they have an ebay ID you can check for feedback, and make sure you are comfortable with PayPal's protection for out of ebay transactions, then I don't see anything wrong with buying from them. Just cover your bases first!

Quite frankly, no they do not. For NON-Ebay transactions, PP offers a BUYER COMPLAINT policy against INR. No protection whatsoever for SNAD or fakes. The Buyer Complaint Policy against INR is only if item not received. And it's not protection, it's just the ability to file a complaint. IF the seller has money sitting in their PP account, sometimes PP can recover some of the funds. USUALLY not, has been the majority of the complaint results seen here.
I have both bought and sold on BONZ, big fan of Bonanzle. But a zero feedback seller who provides no further info, would make me very wary. Ask for further ID's. And if it's the seller w/ Bal & Bulga, get more pix just to verify bag condition. RESEARCH and be careful.

Last edited:
I would talk to the seller and find out if he or she is selling some place else. Maybe he or she can list it on Ebay for you so that you have PayPal protection.

Thanks for the additional responses. She said she has two positive ebay feedbacks but does not want to pay the horrendous ebay fees (which I understand). It is a bbag Black Work GGH. I have a feeling she is authentic, but not sure I want to risk it.

Thanks for the additional responses. She said she has two positive ebay feedbacks but does not want to pay the horrendous ebay fees (which I understand). It is a bbag Black Work GGH. I have a feeling she is authentic, but not sure I want to risk it.

Sometimes, in these instances, gut instinct can be invaluable.
The seller CAN import her ebay feedback to BONZ, and if she told you her ebay ID, at least you could look at the 2 prior transactions, perhaps.

Make sure you ask her if the pictures are the actual item you would be receiving. She could have hijacked the pictures. (as so many people do). Then save that email, so if it arrives and isn't as pictured you can use the email against her.

Have you asked if she's a member here? Maybe she is. I know that doesn't hold a lot, but maybe she actively posts here and this could help you be more comfortable with the transaction.

No, I wouldn't. :nogood:

Not unless I felt I 'knew' the seller very well and had conducted more than one successful transaction elsewhere.

Even then I'd be very wary, as there's next-to-no comeback.

I'd also be wary of sellers with plenty of feedback, as most of it can be fake and/or built up with the intention of ensnaring the unwary.

Only recently, we've been reading about SNAD condition items sold by an extremely rude nutcase on Bonanzle and they have about 20 feedbacks (from memory).

I really think this sort of question is like asking; 'Should I walk, unarmed, into the lion's den?'.

Well, the lion could be asleep, or have just eaten, or just be a big old softy; but would you be willing to risk it?

Last edited: