Would you buy a Bandoulier Strap to wear with your Regular Speedy 30

I got the monogram strap for my speedy....and it sure makes it comfortable....
View attachment 3403822View attachment 3403823
absolut o.k. I have a mono Speedy 30 and last year I bought a mono strap (the same yours) and it goes perfectly. I carry my speedy more than before (I know now not a handheld girl) If I bought my classic speedy the B is future. So it is fine if you want the hands free .:smile:

I purchased the strap last year for my 30 and It ended up not working out for me so I sold them both. Several others love theirs. I think it just depends on the person.

I bought a vachetta strap use with my Speedy 25 (to see if I liked the strap option before buying the Speedy b). I think the added strap looks and works better with the 25. When I put it on my 30's and 35's it's a bit awkward and I don't like how the bag hangs. It kind of pulls up on the metal parts and I think it adds too much tension to the leather tabs attached to the bag. So, I ended up just getting a mono Speedy b 30 - which I love! I use the strap option a lot, especially when I'm juggling a lot of things (work tote bag, coffee, lunch tote, etc) on my way into work. And this past year it's poured a lot in the mornings so add an umbrella to all that!! I agree the b is pretty expensive so I stalked ebay and ended up getting a barely used one for $950 last year. It had barely any patina - that lady was meticulous about that bag! I highly recommend getting the b. Eventually I'll get the DE and DA too but I think my DH will pass out if I add any more bags to our closet. If you're not afraid to go the pre-loved route, there are many deals out there and the hunt really pays off.:smile:
For some reason, the multi-quote didn't work--this was a response to ipat and Caroleaharvey!

To answer your question, I think if you are comfortable with the look, then go for it. I enjoy being hands free. I don't own a Speedy, but I do own a Speedy B. I did buy a monogram strap for my LV Pochette and its worked well for me.

My speedy DA 30 is very old, and it's pre-owned. It's one of my first LV bags. I bought a strap and like the function of being able to use it on my shoulder when I want to. I usually will still carry it hand held with the strap hanging down. This is a beater bag for me now just because of it's age, but I see no damage from using the strap so far.

Those handles weren't designed to have straps clipped to them. If you look at the ones that were (Alma PM is a good example), they added a loop to the handle hardware that allowed the strap to put even pressure on the handle chaps.

It will pull at the point where the handle chaps meet the canvas on the Speedy and could eventually tear / crack the canvas. And if that happens, Louis Vuitton cannot and will not repair. I wouldn't risk it, personally.