Would you buy a bag w/ missing parts?

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
I found a stam for a great price.....problem....the metal chain is missing. I wouldn't use the chain as a shoulder strap anyway b/c I think it is super uncomfortable and prefer to let bags dangle on my arm however, I like the way the bag looks w/ the chain. I tried looking on ebay for a chain however, I had no luck.
Would you buy a bag that was missing a part like the chain? Though I know I would use the bag, I am wondering if the missing chain would bother me down the road?

douzz

bal convert
O.G.
Dec 19, 2009
i wouldn't get it. No matter how much i love it.
muggles it right, but Diego is always so busy, he might not be able to respond to your requests in a short time.
Heck, even not having dustbags bother me, but its just me i think

tadpolenyc

O.G.
Sep 9, 2006
i would if it were something small and/or easily replaceable. in this instance, i don't view it as either. i don't carry stams by their chain either, but i, like you, like how it looks with the bag. diego might be able to get you another chain, but i wouldn't count on it. even if he did, there's a chance it might not match the color of your stam.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2008
^^^ I agree! I wouldn't get it ... the chain is the focus point of the bag even though I don't use the chain I still want it on the bag. Also when you want to sale the bag, it might be difficult or you might not get as much as one with a chain.

spaceyjacy

fashion ruckus
O.G.
Dec 4, 2007
^haha, I was going to say the same. If its a great price you can always see if you even like carrying the style. If you end up really loving it you can always get another that has the chain. What color is the one you were considering?

jun3machina

hopelessly addicted
O.G.
Apr 11, 2006
^ LOL.....half the time i take the chain off my bag anyways so honestly it's not a make or break thing, for me anyways. plus, if it's a basic color like black, i think you might be able to get a spare chain from repairs since most of the HW/color combos after 2005 are consistent. depends on the price ultimately, but i seem to like taking chances with my purchases.... :P

kitcat

O.G.
Sep 9, 2007
I'm with june and spacey...if it was a steal, it might be worth it. Yes, chains are hard to come by but if you don't plan on using it anyways, then if the price is right I would go for it.

But if it bothers you to have missing pieces, then this is not a good deal for you to go thru with no matter the price.

sneezz

O.G.
Dec 30, 2006
I'm with june and spacey...if it was a steal, it might be worth it. Yes, chains are hard to come by but if you don't plan on using it anyways, then if the price is right I would go for it.

But if it bothers you to have missing pieces, then this is not a good deal for you to go thru with no matter the price.

Well put!