Would you buy a bag thay has a smoky smell?

i really wouldn't . it can be so hard to get the smell out. once i bought a bag that reeked of perfume. it took me a month with the bag inside a plastic trash bag with baking soda and solid air freshener. eventually the perfume went away. not so sure about smoke. i really hate the smell of smoke.

Not unless I was a smoker, which I'm not. I sold a bag of my mom's once on ebay and even though she thought it was "in good condition" it was ruined from smoke & smoke smell. It was a suhali and not only did it reek to high heaven but the creases in the leather were all stained grayish from smoke. Poor bag :cry: I sold it for dirt cheap to some other smoker who was quite happy with it though!

+1

I cannot stand the smell and it's not something that can be removed easily or entirely, imo.
Agree! I've also stayed away from bags that have a "perfume" smell on it because one perfume may smell lovely to some and make others want to gag so I don't chance it.
I go for no odors at all or I look elsewhere.

You can definitely get rid of it but its not easy. If the bag is SUPER discounted and otherwise in good condition, it may be worth it. My keepall smelt like smoke once (not from me, yuck) and it took a while but I scrubbed the inside with hot soapy water and stuck it in the sun to dry in the hot summer. Smells fresh now.

You can definitely get rid of it but its not easy. If the bag is SUPER discounted and otherwise in good condition, it may be worth it. My keepall smelt like smoke once (not from me, yuck) and it took a while but I scrubbed the inside with hot soapy water and stuck it in the sun to dry in the hot summer. Smells fresh now.

Nah...I would stay away. Smoke smells stays and is hard to get rid of. Also by trying to clean it or spray with other chemicals might make it worse. I say hold out.... Deals come all the time just have to sit and be patient.