Would you bring your Chanels on a long trip?

If you are a tourist, your already in the spotlight! Specially if you have designer stuff with you. I'll leave the chanels and j12 at home. You don't want someone following you because of that.
True, you can get mugged anywhere in the world...but i would still be carefull with myself and my stuff in a foreign country. And the greek isl are okay, but be carefull in the big City's of Europe.
That being said, it doens't mean that you have to leave everything at home. Take one less expensive, (one that isn't screaming desinger bag) and just enjoy your vacation!

HAve fun traveling! And let us know how the trip was!

Pickpocketing is no worse in the many major European cities than it is in New York or LA. If you feel your bag isn't easily pickpocketted in large US cities, then I wouldn't be too concerned. The only difference is that in Europe you may be targeted because you'll be a tourist. But if you are aware of what is going on, you should be fine. However, if it causes you stress don't do it...not worth ruining your holiday.

I think it is fine on the ship itself--I usually cruise Princess and lots of people always have designer items. I've never had anything stolen while on board.