Would you be tempted to buy a fake Mulberry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachiem

O.G.
Sep 7, 2007
I'd love a Mulberry Agyness in rose but the price is way too high.
There is a site that sells fakes for £150 and they do look good....but
I'd still know it's a fake even though others might not tell!!
Have you ever been tempted?? I think I'd rather have no bag than a fake one....

No I'd never buy a fake. I'd rather have no mulberry bag than have a fake one. If I couldnt afford the real thing then I'd either save up for it or buy a cheaper non-designer bag.

I'd love a Mulberry Agyness in rose but the price is way too high.
There is a site that sells fakes for £150 and they do look good....but
I'd still know it's a fake even though others might not tell!!
Have you ever been tempted?? I think I'd rather have no bag than a fake one....

I would never judge you for buying a fake, because no one would ever know...but Flossie is right. We only hurt ourselves if we buy fake items because it will drive up Mulbery prices and God knows what kind of illegal activities it supports. :tdown:

I would not buy one and if I ever bought a fake bag off Ebay by mistake (I wouldn't!!) I would give it to a charity shop rather than recycle it around Ebay again.

Rachiem, why not have a massive clear out and stick it on Ebay. You might make enough to buy that bag you have your eye on...people pay mental money for someone else's unused items! You never know.

I might, I have a couple of rings and a few bags which would probably get me near to the price, but I would still have to wait for an Outlet sale etc, as I think the original price is way too high.
I 100% agree, I wouldn't buy a fake bag (hubby is anti money laundering inspector) it just got me thinking as to whether other people feel the same??

hah no way...i had this girl trying to sell me a fakewhite mulberry...i may not know a lot about them but i DO know that her bag reeked of "fake fake fake"

I might, I have a couple of rings and a few bags which would probably get me near to the price, but I would still have to wait for an Outlet sale etc, as I think the original price is way too high.
I 100% agree, I wouldn't buy a fake bag (hubby is anti money laundering inspector) it just got me thinking as to whether other people feel the same??

OMG - Money laundering inspector!!! I bet he sees a little of everything!!

there are a lot of quality bags there at a lower price...i dont understand why some people have to buy class "aaa" deisgner bags when they could get a ralph lauren or nine west bag...

In my "youth" I bought a fake LV on Canal St. in New York, and I got rid of it within a week. It bothered me totally that it was a fake. I knew it was a fake and I just couldn't stand it.

I had a couple of fake bags when I was younger too - bought on hols in places like Malaysia and Thailand. I had no idea then about things like criminal links and devaluing the brand.

I have to say though that I never got the buzz from carrying them as I have with my real Mulberries. Even if you can get past the moral and legal arguments about fakes, there is no substitute IMO for how it feels knowing that you are carrying the real thing. Not to mention the quality issues.

I have to confess to buying the Lush version of the Roxanne a few years ago. I was after the real thing, but wanted to see how it would work for me before making the investment. Although the general style of the bag was spot on, it didn't have any of the Mulberry stamping, rivets etc, so somehow I justified in my head that it wasn't the same as a fake :rolleyes: Guess what? I never used it :lol: Always felt like it was a cheap copy, I would have been better off putting the money towards the real thing in the first place!

I would just never feel right carrying a fake... in fact if I were to buy one (which I wouldnt) it would be a false economy anyway because I would probably never use it. Like alycat said, you are better off saving your money and putting it toward a real one... when you have to wait and save up for something you appreciate it all the more i think...

Status
Not open for further replies.