Would you accept a display bag?

Ange-

O.G.
Sep 12, 2012
Hi Chanel ladies, I need opinions...

I'm after a dark grey reissue 226 size. I saw one in Canada recently and now I'm trying to track one down in Australia. Its like in Cocosaphire's reveal:
http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/reveal-my-last-hooray-pre-price-increase-731060.html

I've found one here with a colour name of Anthracite. The trouble is there is only one left in a few of the boutiques (i.e. display stock). The one in my store is scratched so no way, but the SA said she could try ones from the other stores. My question is, if the condition looks perfect, would you buy it?

These are beyond pricey, and I hate the thought of lots of people trying it on. But if its the seasonal colour you want, would you buy anyway? Should I wait and hope a nice grey comes along again?

TIA

For that bag, yes I would accept a display piece but only if it wasn't badly scratched up. Its a beauty, and I think it will be a while before there is a grey that dark again. Good luck - I really hope you get it!

I will buy it if its in good condition and if you can't wait for a new one.
Even if you brought the purse and discovered something is wrong with the purse, return it. Getting a purse from the box doesn't necessarily mean its prefect. I've brought purses that are brand new and it was damaged. I took it back to the store.

Hey, I would wait if I was you. I actually raised my voice at a woman on Boxing Day in the Bondi Junction store because she was squeezing a suede like pale blue/grey jumbo. The bottom part if the bag where it's really stiff and she dented it!!!!!!

Seriously, what was she thinking? Was it ripe? The SA who was attending me noticed too and was just biting her lip. She thanked me later. You know what irks me? That lady would probably want a bag that was straight out from the back rather than the one she just mangled.

Usually, I would say "No" and wait it out till I can get one brand new in box. But with Chanel, the exclusivity of the item and the waiting period, if the bag was still in perfect condition, i.e. showed no signs of being abused, then I would get it.

Like most I would normally want a "fresh" piece. BUT if it's the only one and it's the color/style I was looking for and there's no wear or other defects and it came with everything (ie, no missing card) I would go for it.

As you said if condition is perfect I would get it...Especially if it is a seasonal color and it is unlikely for you to come across it again. I hate when regretting not getting 'THE' bag.... the only reason to pass it is when the bag is badly scratch.

I have bought display piece and will still buy display piece as long as it is in pristine condition, no scratches, scuffs etc.

Last edited:
I personally wouldn't, but that's just me. I said no to a display patent as it had fingerprints all over it which turned me off a little. It was the last colour in stock, but I said no. Sure enough I found the colour again later down the track in pristine condition.

I guess if the colour is rare, have a thorough inspection and if you're ok with the condition, then definitely buy it.