Would TIFFANY "DBTY" 2.7 carat be too much Bling???

ilikechloe

O.G.
Jul 30, 2006
I have been contemplating about the Tiffany Diamond by the Yard necklace for quite some time, but can't decide which one to get. I know I definitely want a 16 inch length in platinum and the one with several diamonds stationed at each interval, not the single solitaire. I've pretty much limit my decision down to two choices. There is the 11 diamonds (1.54 ctw) and there is also a 15 diamonds (2.7 ctw).

I am planning to wear this as an everyday necklace and with practically everything (jeans, sweats, casual wear, etc.......). I'm somewhat leaning towards the 15 diamonds 2.7 ctw but would that be too much "bling" for everyday??? Please help!

Also, for any fellow member who owns a DBTY necklace, please post your thoughts, recommendations, or even pictures (which will be extremely helpful) on these necklaces. Thanks so much!

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...+1-p+2-c+288187-r+101297647-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...+1-p+1-c+288187-r+101297647-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

I love the 15, but would choose the 11 for myself because I like a little more of a casual feel. I do think you could wear the 15 with jeans, sweats and casual wear.

I'd try them both on and see what I instinctively love. I would say that there's quite a price difference... I might consider getting the more modest necklace and then using the extra $7k on a ring or earrings I would wear every day as well. Or even a second necklace to layer with!

I'd try them both on and see what I instinctively love. I would say that there's quite a price difference... I might consider getting the more modest necklace and then using the extra $7k on a ring or earrings I would wear every day as well. Or even a second necklace to layer with!

ooh I like that idea! the 11 station dbty...maybe a longer dbty with 3 diamonds as another option for layering with your everyday piece?:nuts:

I have been contemplating about the Tiffany Diamond by the Yard necklace for quite some time, but can't decide which one to get. I know I definitely want a 16 inch length in platinum and the one with several diamonds stationed at each interval, not the single solitaire. I've pretty much limit my decision down to two choices. There is the 11 diamonds (1.54 ctw) and there is also a 15 diamonds (2.7 ctw).

I am planning to wear this as an everyday necklace and with practically everything (jeans, sweats, casual wear, etc.......). I'm somewhat leaning towards the 15 diamonds 2.7 ctw but would that be too much "bling" for everyday??? Please help!

Also, for any fellow member who owns a DBTY necklace, please post your thoughts, recommendations, or even pictures (which will be extremely helpful) on these necklaces. Thanks so much!

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...+1-p+2-c+288187-r+101297647-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...+1-p+1-c+288187-r+101297647-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

So pretty! Personally they look almost the same for me so I'd make the decision based on price. It is a MASSIVE jimp in price from one to the other! For the extra $6K I definity don't think you're maxing your bang for the buck. You cld get the smaller one plus a bracelet or band with diamonds to match!!

seriosly - good call, get 2!

Thank you all for your suggestions and they are extremely helpful too. What a great idea to purchase the less expensive necklace plus an additional item. I will go in this weekend and try on both necklaces. I'll keep you posted on my decision. Thanks again!

Great idea! Either necklace will give you lots of sparkle, so why not get something else too?