Would this stop you from purchasing?

jp23

jeska2333
O.G.
Jan 6, 2012
Hello all! I'm pretty new to miu miu i don't own much only a couple of shoes that I purchased from outside the south coast plaza boutique. But for months I've been eyeing a miu miu coat and after a little back and forth with uterine cancer I decided to jump the gun as a reward for myself. Every time i go into the boutique there's a lovely associate named Kylee she is a pleasure and always treats me well and seriously (I am 20 so that's unusual). But i am large chested and hesitant to purchase without trying something on in my size (especially if it's 3000!!!!). So Kylee was going to have me try somethings on to look at some sizing options but the only day I could come in was a day she wasn't there so the store manager was helping me. I go in and all is well and and they said they can bring in the size 44 from New York and I say that would be great thank you. But then she looks at me and asks me if I was serious about buying the coat i say yes and she continues to go on about it and then says "you realize that there is only one coat size 44 in all of America and if a serious buyer comes along and wants-" and I cut her off and said "are you saying that you would rather sell the coat to someone else" and she said no and continued to go on asking me if I was serious annoyed i said "you know ill just touch bases with Kylee at the end of the week" and left. But now I'm not too keen on buying it. I know it's not the associates fault but I don't feel like giving them my money any longer especially when I can buy a ysl coat at 44% off and give the commission to a friend. What would you guys do?

I love Miu Miu to death. I even write a blog about Miu Miu. But I would never give my money to a store or sales associate that treats me like I am not a serious costumer. I am sorry but no, unless you really really really loooove it (and by love, I mean you are obsessed with it) I wouldn't buy it. I don't see the point of spending so much money on a store that doesn't treat you like a good costumer. Period. I've had some bad experiences with SA's both at Miu Miu and other stores, I still buy Miu Miu but not from those SA's that don't treat me well, (and I do it just because I truly love Miu Miu, that's why I was saying that I would only buy it if I really loved it, but if it was another store, forget it!)

Also, after I wrote the paragraph above, I was thinking, if you love it and you know it's in New York, you could call directly to the store and buy it from them and have it shipped to you? That's a possibility as well. I just wouldn't go back to that particular store. I just feel that designer stores need to understand that it is because of us that they exist, and if they aren't nice to me, I am not nice to them.

What about doing a charge send with your SA? If you really love that coat.. By charge send, the SA still gets the commission but the sale goes to the other boutique, in here which means NYC rather than south coast plaza

If you feel really upset by her actions, maybe you shouldn't do it. Usually such things don't stop me from buying. I just come back another time and buy it from staff that treats me well :smile:

But 3000 is really A LOT. I think I would go for the YSL just because of the money lol but then again... haven't seen pictures ;)

I decided to pass on the coat all together. My SA at the mulberry outlets sent me a photo of really lovely tuxedo blazer for only $600. I'll save the rest of the money for any sales or steals at work (the ysl biker jacket goes on double discount at the end of June). My biggest pet peeve is bad service. If that's how they decide to treat me then I'm not giving them my money (let alone a lot of it!)

I think you should send an email explaining how your normal sa gives great service and that you where disappointed by the person who assisted you while she was away. Good services and bad should always be reported so that we keep great sa 's and weed out the bad ones

Congrats on finding that fab tuxedo blazer & for sticking up for yourself with the rude SA. I certainly wouldn't have been confident enough to do that at 20 yrs old. *claps*

Best wishes to you on your health-- sending happy thoughts your way! :hugs:

I love Miu Miu to death. I even write a blog about Miu Miu. But I would never give my money to a store or sales associate that treats me like I am not a serious costumer. I am sorry but no, unless you really really really loooove it (and by love, I mean you are obsessed with it) I wouldn't buy it. I don't see the point of spending so much money on a store that doesn't treat you like a good costumer. Period. I've had some bad experiences with SA's both at Miu Miu and other stores, I still buy Miu Miu but not from those SA's that don't treat me well, (and I do it just because I truly love Miu Miu, that's why I was saying that I would only buy it if I really loved it, but if it was another store, forget it!)

Also, after I wrote the paragraph above, I was thinking, if you love it and you know it's in New York, you could call directly to the store and buy it from them and have it shipped to you? That's a possibility as well. I just wouldn't go back to that particular store. I just feel that designer stores need to understand that it is because of us that they exist, and if they aren't nice to me, I am not nice to them.
I agree

Hello all! Could I use this thread to complain? I went to the Miu Miu flagship in New York two days ago and I am disappointed: I had someone follow me around the store as I walked. Like, following in the sense of making me feel that I was being watched. I went to the second floor, and she followed me two steps behind, I came back downstairs and she was still following me! She didn't really offer any help at all and she didn't talk to me, except at some point I wanted to take a picture of a pair of shoes and she told me pictures were not allowed (Miu Miu Soho and Miu Miu Bloomingdales allow you to take pictures, so I don't really get why I couldn't here...)

I didn't say anything at the moment because the attitude surprised me. I was very very VERY excited to go into that store but as soon as I walked around inside I was disappointed. The SA's behavior wasn't bad, but I didn't think it was nice either and I have never been followed like that inside any store (and I did go inside a lot of stores in the area, including Prada and I wasn't followed around at all!) Perhaps I am being exaggerated? I am not sure, but I didn't like how I felt. Have you ever been followed like that? I am paranoid? lol, is it because I love Miu Miu so much that I had very high expectations? (I had never been inside Miu Miu's flagship in New York.)

To the OP, BRAVO! don't give your money to an SA that's not nice.

Hello all! Could I use this thread to complain? I went to the Miu Miu flagship in New York two days ago and I am disappointed: I had someone follow me around the store as I walked. Like, following in the sense of making me feel that I was being watched. I went to the second floor, and she followed me two steps behind, I came back downstairs and she was still following me! She didn't really offer any help at all and she didn't talk to me, except at some point I wanted to take a picture of a pair of shoes and she told me pictures were not allowed (Miu Miu Soho and Miu Miu Bloomingdales allow you to take pictures, so I don't really get why I couldn't here...)

I didn't say anything at the moment because the attitude surprised me. I was very very VERY excited to go into that store but as soon as I walked around inside I was disappointed. The SA's behavior wasn't bad, but I didn't think it was nice either and I have never been followed like that inside any store (and I did go inside a lot of stores in the area, including Prada and I wasn't followed around at all!) Perhaps I am being exaggerated? I am not sure, but I didn't like how I felt. Have you ever been followed like that? I am paranoid? lol, is it because I love Miu Miu so much that I had very high expectations? (I had never been inside Miu Miu's flagship in New York.)

To the OP, BRAVO! don't give your money to an SA that's not nice.

Haven't been followed exactly. But I experienced weird service when I was in a Taipei (Taiwan) miu miu boutique. I was the only one (together with my friend) in store and the SAs stared at us walking into the stores without any greetings. From there, their eyes followed us around the store and made me felt so uncomfortable.
We decided then, to move to the 2nd level of the boutique and was stopped. One of the SAs asked, "The 2nd level contains clothings, are you intending to purchase clothings?"
SA: "And you will need one of us to accompany you upstairs if you wish to go up."

I said, ok. Yet none of them moved.

Waited for about 3 seconds in silence, before I felt that "okay fine, nobody wants to serve me?" and walked out of the boutique.

Now, does that mean we can only step into the 2nd level of the miu miu boutique if we are confirmed to be looking for/purchasing something??
Also, none of the SAs moved at all in order to "accompany" me upstairs because they didn't think that I was keen on purchasing any thing and hence didn't wanna "waste" their time?

Prada store was no better.. Most of the SAs were busy with the mainland china tourists.. And when they were free, they rather chit-chat amonst themselves than to serve tourists of other nationalities. Great.