Would this look really strange? :/

LVoe_C

O.G.
Jul 13, 2010
Okay guys, so I'm planning to buy an ebene speedy 30 and a mono regular pochette and want a long strap but don't want to have to buy two separate ones. Given that the pochette hardly has any vachetta, do you think it would look completely ridiculous to use the brown leather strap on the pochette??

alf13

O.G.
Oct 25, 2011
I think that color-wise, it would look ok, but my concern would be the width of the strap. IMO, any strap wider than about half of an inch will look too bulky with the pochette and out of proportion. I wear my Eva crossbody strap with my pochette all the time and love it, but I would never wear my Speedy B strap with it because that strap is just way too wide.

sweetlove

O.G.
Mar 9, 2006
Personally I'd think it'd look really weird.. Sorry.

Edit: if you plan to use a strap with your speedy, I highly recommend going for the speedy b option. Some don't like the look of it, but the regular speedy isn't structured to be carried with a strap and can get damaged from it.

LVoe_C

O.G.
Jul 13, 2010
alf13 said:
I think that color-wise, it would look ok, but my concern would be the width of the strap. IMO, any strap wider than about half of an inch will look too bulky with the pochette and out of proportion. I wear my Eva crossbody strap with my pochette all the time and love it, but I would never wear my Speedy B strap with it because that strap is just way too wide.

This was my worry too, and I know it will be very rarely that I will use the speedy with a strap so I'm not going for a speedy B, I was thinking maybe a 12mm adjustable strap?