Would this hurt my Chanel Jumbo?

Feb 25, 2009
Los Angeles/ San Francisco
Hi ladies,

I have been trying to figure out if it was possible to carry my lambskin jumbo single strapped without it being to far below my waist. So I looped it inside. I haven't carried it out like this yet but possible idea. Only concern is will it hurt the leather or dent it?

Attachments

MASEML

O.G.
Nov 25, 2008
I think there's always the possibility of creating an imprint on the inside of your flap.

JE2824

Jan 30, 2014
I agree, I think it will dent the leather and possibly kink the chain. I saw a thread about how people shortened the chain by tying ribbon on the inside.

Jun 7, 2014
Tying the strap inside is better. If there will be any imprint, let it be inside. Not on top of the bag.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luv iz Louis

Jul 22, 2012
Australia
I went to the Chanel Boutique and they gave me a special clip to use inside the Jumbo to shorten the chain so it can be worn using one strap. They usually sell them but they were kind enough to give me one. Just pop in to your boutique. I think they are normally around $20.

Feb 25, 2009
Los Angeles/ San Francisco
I went to the Chanel Boutique and they gave me a special clip to use inside the Jumbo to shorten the chain so it can be worn using one strap. They usually sell them but they were kind enough to give me one. Just pop in to your boutique. I think they are normally around $20.
Oh my Gosh really? Is it only the stand alone Chanel Boutiques or also the dept. store ones as well?
Do you have a photo of the clip?

lallybelle

O.G.
Jan 28, 2009
NYC
Last edited: