Would this hurt my Chanel Jumbo?

Feb 25, 2009
Hi ladies,

I have been trying to figure out if it was possible to carry my lambskin jumbo single strapped without it being to far below my waist. So I looped it inside. I haven't carried it out like this yet but possible idea. Only concern is will it hurt the leather or dent it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,667
I agree, I think it will dent the leather and possibly kink the chain. I saw a thread about how people shortened the chain by tying ribbon on the inside.

I went to the Chanel Boutique and they gave me a special clip to use inside the Jumbo to shorten the chain so it can be worn using one strap. They usually sell them but they were kind enough to give me one. Just pop in to your boutique. I think they are normally around $20.

I went to the Chanel Boutique and they gave me a special clip to use inside the Jumbo to shorten the chain so it can be worn using one strap. They usually sell them but they were kind enough to give me one. Just pop in to your boutique. I think they are normally around $20.

Oh my Gosh really? Is it only the stand alone Chanel Boutiques or also the dept. store ones as well?
Do you have a photo of the clip?

Last edited:
They don't have the clips in the US.

When I bought my jumbo in March from the boutique in San Francisco this year my sa gave me this and said it's to tie the straps inside if I want to adjust the straps I side the bag. However I won't use them, I prefer to carry the regular double strap.

Attachments

• 1410977681318.jpg
    1410977681318.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,238