Would this bother you?

LValicious

Aug 28, 2013
DH took me away for mothers day weekend and bought me my menilmontant pm for a mother's day gift. Upon playing with it today I noticed an "area" in the piping on the bottom of the bag. I don't know what it is, looks as if it's a piece of piping that was caught while sewing it together but doesn't move or appear that it would get any worse. The other one at LV had a piece missing in the piping on the center back and some wrinkles in the strap. I need your opinions please...keep and never tell DH or tell him and return or exchange?? Thank you. I saddens me when I find stuff like this, yet I do not own anything that is perfect either. It was his idea to buy this bag and we had a great weekend. Other than that I don't see anything else wrong with the bag. Does it just "hurt" because it's new? Please give me your opinions.

^ Disregard that! If it's going to bother you, you should exchange. You should be able to expect a brand new bag not to have any flaws. I'm not talking 'misalignment', leather wrinkling that is perfectly natural, etc that some people brand as flaws - this is actually a flaw.

^ Disregard that! If it's going to bother you, you should exchange. You should be able to expect a brand new bag not to have any flaws. I'm not talking 'misalignment', leather wrinkling that is perfectly natural, etc that some people brand as flaws - this is actually a flaw.

Thank you for your response. Would it bother you?

Thank you for your response. Would it bother you?

I think it would. It's sad, but you really have to inspect everything you buy closely before handing over payment. So many people speak of flawed bags being shown to them in LV. I do most of my shopping online, but on a few occasions in stores I've been offered items with scratches in the vachetta and on the hardware. I would ask to exchange it, you shouldn't have a problem. :smile:

I think it would. It's sad, but you really have to inspect everything you buy closely before handing over payment. So many people speak of flawed bags being shown to them in LV. I do most of my shopping online, but on a few occasions in stores I've been offered items with scratches in the vachetta and on the hardware. I would ask to exchange it, you shouldn't have a problem. :smile:

Thank you for your opinion. I'm just so bummed! :sad:

This would bother me, and I would exchange it for another.

I bought an Empreinte Speedy, and after I inspected it more closely at home, I found that all four corner seams running top to bottom were not quite straight. In fact, one side was noticeably crooked---a definite flaw. I took it back and exchanged it for another that met my satisfaction. My SA and the manager completely agreed that the bag was flawed.

If it's not perfect, take it back.

Tell him and exchange my dear. For this amount of money I have said before "It needs to be darn near perfect!" Not acceptable for a brand new bag please exchange.

Be Blessed MoNikki

It would bother me and I would definitely exchange. I would also tell DH as mine knows how much my LV means to me and I am sure yours does as well. It is not a reflection on his gift, it is on LV and the fact that you want it to be perfect only makes it better (in a good way).
It's not bad to let him know about this