would this bother you?

Oh how lazy of mulberry to let this happen! It is a nice looking purse but I take your point thAt it will irritate you. It would irritate me too and i would have to return the purse for that reason. I would say it almost makes either the bag or the purse look fake given that no-one would expect a set costing the best part of a grand to be mismatched by the manufacturer. Not the look that you are after! I agree that you should speak to mulberry. It is a pretty poor show on their part. Plus you will have to waste time and energy returning the purse of you decide against it. I reckon that mulberry owe you an apology! Xx

To be honest, it doesn't bother me. In my view, someone seeing you in real life, if you were using both at the same time and you got out your wallet to pay for something, isn't going to notice as they're not going to be right next to each other. I think you'd have to set down your bag, and then your purse right in front of it for it to be remarkable at all. That's just my opinion, you all may think I'm quite unobservant!

And by the way, I am in L-O-V-E with both of them! :biggrin:

I had this similar problem with a Mabel bag and Mabel purse-i kept them and it still annoys me to this day! I would say if in doubt don't! Good luck and fab top by the way!!! x x x .

To be honest, it doesn't bother me. In my view, someone seeing you in real life, if you were using both at the same time and you got out your wallet to pay for something, isn't going to notice as they're not going to be right next to each other. I think you'd have to set down your bag, and then your purse right in front of it for it to be remarkable at all. That's just my opinion, you all may think I'm quite unobservant!

And by the way, I am in L-O-V-E with both of them! :biggrin:

I agree, and it would not bother me for this reason.

I tend not to match things but even if I did this would not bother me for the extact above reason.

That said, I can however, understand if you were bothered by it if you really wanted the items to match.

BMB, Could it be that your Bays from the outlet has been in the window and perhaps the denim has lightened as well at the stitching?

If you bought the wallet to match then it would bother me too :sad:

no the stiching on the whole of the bag is white, the stiching on the purse is tan!
the denim on the bays is the same all over so there is no way its faded!

i can usedstand that the denim may be off as you dont get to denims the same but there is no excuse for the stitching!

To me my OL wallet and pouch seem to be made of different leather. It doesn't really bother me as I love them both on their own merits.
But, I would have thought that even if the denim colour varies a bit depending on the batch, then at least the stitching would match on those items.

yes exaxtly, i have the ol alexa and the clutch and yes they are slightly difference leather wise, but this purse doesnt match at all! i will see what mulberry say i will take the bays with me this time.

I'm not matchy matchy at all BUT if I bought two items in the same range then I would want them to match. In my opinion, nearly matching is much worse than not matching at all.

well i spoke to mulberry SA and they have a denim bays in and i said to her what had happened and she went off to look at the bays they had and she said it had white stitching like mine and that it was a very light denim. sounds just like mine!

i asked if she had any purese but she didnt!